• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

My four day pass has been acquired. (thumbs u

Congratulations Gary! The ticket system runs more smoothly than SDCC. NYCC has to be the second largest comic con in the world. I have tickets to both and will hopefully return to LSCC next year. Just make sure to buy your food and water at the corner store before coming into the convention hall. I find the lines move faster in NYCC than SDCC, or maybe it is just a sign of old age.

Congratulations Gary! The ticket system runs more smoothly than SDCC. NYCC has to be the second largest comic con in the world. I have tickets to both and will hopefully return to LSCC next year. Just make sure to buy your food and water at the corner store before coming into the convention hall. I find the lines move faster in NYCC than SDCC, or maybe it is just a sign of old age.

I may be in touch asking more advice as time goes on. This will be my first con outside the UK but I love New york so I really wanted to return, hence why I choose there.

I may be in touch asking more advice as time goes on. This will be my first con outside the UK but I love New york so I really wanted to return, hence why I choose there.

Feel free to ask more questions.

New York City is similar to London, with many great cheap restaurants and decent public transportation. The convention center is on the lower west side of the city with only a few corner stores. Everything is within reasonable walking distance or a short subway ride. Parking close to the convention is in the neighborhood of $50 or more per day,

I already paid for my accommodation at $128 per night through airbnb, which is one-third the price of a typical New York City hotel.

Got my 4 day as well.

every year I eat at least once across from the train station on 7th ave a little chain cafe, europa cafe or something. excellent thai chicken sandwiches or other gourmet sandwiches. a medium walk but the shuttles go right near there. it can be a good break to get your head straight on the walk after a few hours of the convention experience

That is a great rate for a room in NYC!

If anyone is interested in Japanese Yakitori (small skewered foods) there is a great place on 49th between 7th Ave and 6th ave ( AKA Avenue of the Americas). The place is called Sake Bar Hagi. Cheap great tasting beer and terrific food.

-Steve

New York City is similar to London, with many great cheap restaurants and decent public transportation. The convention center is on the lower west side of the city with only a few corner stores. Everything is within reasonable walking distance or a short subway ride. Parking close to the convention is in the neighborhood of $50 or more per day,

I already paid for my accommodation at $128 per night through airbnb, which is one-third the price of a typical New York City hotel.

Where is the hotel? That doesn't sound right for a Manhattan hotel on Columbus Day weekend.

The show isn't really on the lower west side, as that part of the city doesn't exist. There is a lower east side, but no lower west side. The Center is on the western edge of Mid-town, or Mid-own South

Neighborhood names don't always match up with their geographic locations. There is an Upper West Side, but no lower one. Go figure.

Where is the hotel? That doesn't sound right for a Manhattan hotel on Columbus Day weekend.

The show isn't really on the lower west side, as that part of the city doesn't exist. There is a lower east side, but no lower west side. The Center is on the western edge of Mid-town, or Mid-own South

Neighborhood names don't always match up with their geographic locations. There is an Upper West Side, but no lower one. Go figure.

Technically, Javits is located in Chelsea. I am from the west coast, so please excuse my ignorance.

I use the social networking website airbnb to rent a room in somebody's apartment. The hostess actually works for airbnb. Since I am traveling solo, I tend not to be fussy about accommodations and am not planning to spend much time in the apartment. You can use airbnb to rent an entire apartment at a reasonable price. One of our fellow boardies recommended airbnb for NYC several years ago. Some people want more privacy, so renting a room in an apartment is not for them.

The last hotel room I used in NYC was $350 a night and so humid that I had to turn on the air conditioner every time I used the bathroom. The hotel was only two years old at that time.

The money I save can be used to buy more comics. I will also be in New York for nine days with a side trip to Cooperstown.

I recommend airbnb as well. If you are willing to just a rent a room in someone's apartment, you can find a place as low as $50.

Your reservation was successful!

Your receipt is available for viewing and printing using the links below.

Thank you for your purchase! We're looking forward to seeing you at New York Comic Con October 10-13, 2013 at the Javits Center in New York, NY.

Now to find me a nice hotel (that doesn't cost me a fortune!)

Thank you for your purchase! We're looking forward to seeing you at New York Comic Con October 10-13, 2013 at the Javits Center in New York, NY.

You and me both lol

You and me both lol

Flights booked :headbang:

You and me both lol

Flights booked :headbang:

Found a well priced hotel? All I can find is bloody expensive!