• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

One of the other reasons I believe rooms are getting more expensive, other than NYCC, is that that same weekend is CBGB's Festival 40th Annivesary weekend. Oct-9-13

525 Bands and performers over 175 venues across NY city. It's gonna be a madhouse!!

No matter where you go to see a show, it'll probably be part of the CBGB's weekend!!

http://www.cbgb.com/ :headbang:

Or maybe Roy should have planned just an itsy bitsy earlier. He could have booked the con hotels months ago at a rate way less than $400 per night.

Not like he didn't know that he was going to show up.

Also, the rooms didn't have any deposits so he could have squatted on a room and looked for others if needed.

But no........so suck it.

Check out 307 West 37th Street (West 37th Street & 8th Avenue) New York, NY 10018 Marriott 249 a night. Hope that helps.

It's about $400 night now.

Or maybe Roy should have planned just an itsy bitsy earlier. He could have booked the con hotels months ago at a rate way less than $400 per night.

Not like he didn't know that he was going to show up.

Also, the rooms didn't have any deposits so he could have squatted on a room and looked for others if needed.

But no........so suck it.

Screw you, dingus. Some of us have more to do in life than just nap in the afternoon. :devil:

Suck it Roy

I'm staying in the spacious Marriott Marquis in Times Square so enjoy you stay on the streets.

I've got a nice little suite at the affinia manhattan... really like that hotel

Suck it Roy

I'm staying in the spacious Marriott Marquis in Times Square so enjoy you stay on the streets.

Stayed there the last 2 or 3 times. Was OK. Wasn't a big fan of the elevator system but it was a decent place.

Got a room at the Crowne Plaza. Going to use some of my points for a few free nights. Suck it, greggy.

:banana:

SO excited its almost here!

I finally get to enjoy the Con this time as last year I had to work it. If anyone has any specific questions about NYC it self feel free to ask me as well as Ive lived here for about 6 years now.

I finally get to enjoy the Con this time as last year I had to work it. If anyone has any specific questions about NYC it self feel free to ask me as well as Ive lived here for about 6 years now.

Yes please I need help. I'm traveling by myself, don't have a problem with that. Just need to know the fastest way to my hotel from Newark airport. Getting to the con from my hotel is not a problem.

Hotel: 511 Lexington Ave at 48th St. (I know it's on the east side, that's my fault. Thought the con was on the east side but it's on the west side :( )

Anyways, plane lands 10:45am Friday. So do I take a cab or the Path? Please and thank you for any info.

Path does not go from Newark Airport. You would have to take NJ transit. from the rail station. You land (if you are flying United, youll land in Terminal C) and get your bags then get on the monorail and take it to the train station (It stops at 5 locations, Terminal C, Terminal B, Terminal A, Long Term Parking, and the Rail Station, basically one long loop and monorails run in both directions, so if you get on the wrong one, it wont matter cause eventually it will stop at the rail station. There is a train at 11:05. 11:18.11:48 and 12:05 (then more after but I don't see any reason you need more than that) Train gets you into Penn Station in about 30 minutes. Cost is 12.50. Then walk from Penn station to Javits (about a 15 minute walk) If you take a cab itll cost a fortune (Easily over 70 bucks plus tip)

Thank you very much. But I need to get from the airport to my hotel first. Not straight to the convention. From my hotel to the convention I can handle.

So I land, I get on a monorail, get off at "Rail Station", wait for train to take me to NY city "Penn Station", get off, hail cab to get me to 511 Lexington Ave (my hotel), check in, hail cab again to take me to NYCC. Right? or Wrong?

Thank you very much. But I need to get from the airport to my hotel first. Not straight to the convention. From my hotel to the convention I can handle.

So I land, I get on a monorail, get off at "Rail Station", wait for train to take me to NY city "Penn Station", get off, hail cab to get me to 511 Lexington Ave (my hotel), check in, hail cab again to take me to NYCC. Right? or Wrong?

Thats probably the best way, I agree you take the NJ Transit to Penn station from Newark Airport. That will take you to Penn Station which is about 32nd and 7th.

You can from there either take a cab to your hotel there are cab lines right outside Penn on 7th ave.

or you could take the subway which would be the E train to 53rd and Lex which is about 5 blocks away from your hotel.

Depends on how much you want to spend on travel.

Hope that helps! Is this your first time to NY?

As far as taking a cab from your Hotel to NYCC I would advise one small thing have him drop you off at like 34th and 10th your only an ave away from there and you wont get stuck in all the car traffic on 11th. Might save you a few bucks of just sitting standstill.

Or you could take that same E train from 53rd and Lex to Penn station and thats a quick walk as well.

Thats probably the best way, I agree you take the NJ Transit to Penn station from Newark Airport. That will take you to Penn Station which is about 32nd and 7th.

You can from there either take a cab to your hotel there are cab lines right outside Penn on 7th ave.

or you could take the subway which would be the E train to 53rd and Lex which is about 5 blocks away from your hotel.

Depends on how much you want to spend on travel.

Hope that helps! Is this your first time to NY?

As far as taking a cab from your Hotel to NYCC I would advise one small thing have him drop you off at like 34th and 10th your only an ave away from there and you wont get stuck in all the car traffic on 11th. Might save you a few bucks of just sitting standstill.

Or you could take that same E train from 53rd and Lex to Penn station and thats a quick walk as well.

Thanks man!!! Got it! (thumbs u

No this is my second trip to NY. Was there about 4 years ago for about 7 days with friends who had never been there. We got around pretty well. I'm good my sense of directions. I'm going to save this post though so I can utilize it for my trip!!! See you guys/gals in 2 weeks!!!! :banana: WOOHOO!!!

My advice is grab a cab from the cab stand from Penn to the hotel. Once you check in, walk south 3 blocks to grand central and grab the S train which will take you directly to times square. Get out and walk 4 blocks west to the Javits.

Less than 16 Days to go :banana:

Booths N307 (Artist Alley Building) & 1274 (Main Room by the Indy Press)

Our Exclusive WONDERLAND #15, Limit to 100, Available at the convention, First come first serve

543460_652924828059785_307745097_n.jpg

Yes please I need help. I'm traveling by myself, don't have a problem with that. Just need to know the fastest way to my hotel from Newark airport. Getting to the con from my hotel is not a problem.

Hotel: 511 Lexington Ave at 48th St. (I know it's on the east side, that's my fault. Thought the con was on the east side but it's on the west side :( )

Anyways, plane lands 10:45am Friday. So do I take a cab or the Path? Please and thank you for any info.

Con has a Shuttle at Grand Central, so no cab fare needed. Check for shuttles on their website.