• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

Ok other things going on in NYC, and the reason hotels are so expensive, Whiskey Fest at the Marriot Marquis Oct 11 and 12, Big Craft Beer Festival in Brooklyn on the 12th, and someone already mention CBGB. I think there was other event, can't remember.

Ok other things going on in NYC, and the reason hotels are so expensive, Whiskey Fest at the Marriot Marquis Oct 11 and 12, Big Craft Beer Festival in Brooklyn on the 12th, and someone already mention CBGB. I think there was other event, can't remember.

Thanks for the info on the shuttles and yes NYC is gonna be super busy that weekend!!!!

SO excited its almost here!

I finally get to enjoy the Con this time as last year I had to work it. If anyone has any specific questions about NYC it self feel free to ask me as well as Ive lived here for about 6 years now.

Yes please I need help. I'm traveling by myself, don't have a problem with that. Just need to know the fastest way to my hotel from Newark airport. Getting to the con from my hotel is not a problem.

Hotel: 511 Lexington Ave at 48th St. (I know it's on the east side, that's my fault. Thought the con was on the east side but it's on the west side :( )

Anyways, plane lands 10:45am Friday. So do I take a cab or the Path? Please and thank you for any info.

I live in the area and always take the Newark shuttle leaving from Port Authority when I travel out of NYC. I believe the bus goes to the east side as well, so check their itineraries here:

http://coachusa1.reachlocal.net/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp

the rates are 16 each way and cheaper if you buy a round trip straight up from them, which would save you a helluva lot compared to a taxi.Anyway, good luck and have fun! I'll be the one with the Joker,Catwoman,Walking Dead shirt on lol

$349 :whee:

I'm paying about $30 more a night and I just booked it a few days ago...but with the free nights I have it works out to something closer to $300 a night.

So kindly suck it.

;)

$349 :whee:

I'm paying about $30 more a night and I just booked it a few days ago...but with the free nights I have it works out to something closer to $300 a night.

So kindly suck it.

;)

I get to stay where I want and not some third choice. :whee:

Plus, I can afford it. :whee:

yeah, the stress time is here! I now know how much cash I can afford to blow, so now I have to cull the wheat from the chaff of my want list! Major commissions = 1, maybe 2. So goodbye Sienkiewicz for now, goodbye Cheung hopes as well. It will be mystery guest number 1 for about $1000 please, old regulars Sean Chen and Andy MacDonald , (no idea what to ask from Andy as he has drawn every character ever for me already!) and a daily dose of "can I get The Biz to draw for me". Kitson won't be free sketching either from what I heard, so that is out. I would stalk Simonson, but he knows me now from past stalking. Hmmmm.

Wow. I may actually try to socialize. I will have some time to spare I think.

Will be there Thursday and hopefully Friday as well running press. Should be fun and expect to be living in artist's alley for much of it. Def. want to try and go look at some collectable books too though--been too long since I've added anything to the collection.

Definitely excited for NYCC #3!

I am not pumped yet too much either. I have a commission I want to get, and it should be killer. In fact, I feel a bit of enthusiasm writing about it now and may blog that bad boy. So I got that going for me. But other than that, I am going low key as my OA focus is now different and less convention focused. So I need a little Hanz and Franz action as well. I am planning on meeting and having a drink with a fellow fan as thanks for some long distance help he provided, and that will be my first ever planned convention meet. I am looking forward to that as well.