• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Graham Crackers NYCC 2012 Booth Pics**

127 posts in this topic

So the purpose of this thread in General was to post a dealer's inventory available for purchase on the last day of a major con or by mail?

Nope. Not spam at all.

Some of us who couldn't make kinda dig this stuff.

How about this then:

The next time I go to a Con, Ill take a bunch of pics of every con dealer there and start a thread about it in General.

Snarkiness aside, I'd enjoy looking through a thread like that. The girls are nice but I like seeing the books that folks have on their walls.

And btw, i have no problem with someone having pics of their booth put up...BUT

when it is acknowledged that the owner of the booth asked to have the pics put up and it isnt inside a greater con report then I believe that it isnt appropriate and constitutes spam.

I guess it may be spam in your eye's but I found a comic on those wall's I have been looking for and am as pleased as punch. For some of us who are not able to go to these show's, the ability to peruse the "wall" comics which are not alway's on any given dealers site, is a rare opportunity. I just wish there were more detailed shot's with a greater variety of vendor's. Especially with the two or three big con's of the year. This is like Super Bowl Sunday for comic geeks and any footage is better then none at all. I have to disagree with "spam" on this one.

Oh, sorry, I forgot we were in cynic central. My apologies for failing to realize you already have all the answers.

Don't take it so personally. This thread was started at the request of a dealer to showcase the wall books he hassle sale at a con still going on. How is that any different than someone posting scan after scan saying, "These books are for sale"?

No one would have ever said anything if this was just a con report from someone that showed pics of a dealer's wall. That happens all the time. Whether you like the spam is not relevant. It's still spam.

That whole thingie about who gets to decide what is relevant is always a fun one to parse out. Why don't you give that a go for awhile, or at least post a link to where you have explained for us how you have decided that for us in the past.

But don't take it personal. This is just a request to understand how things are supposed to work here.

Oh, sorry, I forgot we were in cynic central. My apologies for failing to realize you already have all the answers.

You're lucky he didn't charge you for that one. :kidaround:

I'm lucky he kept it brief, but I'm sure I can get him to go one a bit more about it.

That whole thingie about who gets to decide what is relevant is always a fun one to parse out. Why don't you give that a go for awhile, or at least post a link to where you have explained for us how you have decided that for us in the past.

But don't take it personal. This is just a request to understand how things are supposed to work here.

I think the mods decide, not me. I'm just expressing my opinion that this is spam. If they don't agree, it'll stick around. Maybe some of my dealer friends will send me scans of their books they'd like to sell and I can post them here in general. I'll be looking for PMs guys.

It's not spam. It's pictures of the guys wall.

You actually read the first post, right?

Hello-

I'm not at NYCC 2012, but Mr. Presidente of GC Comics (Jamie) asked if I would kindly post pics of some of his booth treasures :applause: I believe Jamie will post some sort of con report Tuesday...oh wait a minute...Jamie doesn't do con reports lol

He asked that pics of his booth be put up for the forum to view. How is that spam? He's at a comic convention and wants to show off. I don't see prices on the books or a post that says contact me if you want a book.

I've seen plenty of spam on this forum that is much worse.

That's just my opinion. I can see yours as well.

I think the mods decide, not me. I'm just expressing my opinion that this is spam. If they don't agree, it'll stick around. Maybe some of my dealer friends will send me scans of their books they'd like to sell and I can post them here in general. I'll be looking for PMs guys.

This is your opinion and I respect it, I just see it differently. I have seen "Spam" on these boards and this may be a form of promoting a dealers wares, but I enjoyed it and I don't see it on a regular occurrence. These boards and general are supposed to be fun and relaxing (shrug) If some of "your" dealer friends have a bunch of pictures of "wall" books maybe we can just have a thread with Convention wall book pic's so people can decide if they want to look or not.

I think this would be great especially since the big con's are few and far between. (thumbs u