• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Graham Crackers NYCC 2012 Booth Pics**

127 posts in this topic

all the lame stuff that gets posted on here and when someone post COMICS it gets called spam...lol

I think if you took a poll, most folks in CG don't really collect comics anymore. They just like to complain about collecting comics.

:signfunny:

It sure seems like any thread that gets beyond five pages that is having feel good discussion always ends up in a flame war because some knucklehead has to complain about something stupid.

For future reference, if someone starts a thread and everyone is having a good time, don't complain, join in.

all the lame stuff that gets posted on here and when someone post COMICS it gets called spam...lol

I think if you took a poll, most folks in CG don't really collect comics anymore. They just like to complain about collecting comics.

Did JC clone himself?

Did JC clone himself?

Did Aunt Agatha?

The red head looks like a man who had a fake boob job.

Yeah, that's why they had lines of people buying risqué photos of themselves, they looked like men. :screwy: whatever

They didn't look like men in drag.

I didn't quite understand the spam angle in this thread. Does someone really think that seeing pictures of dealer walls at NYCC is going to cause me to drop everything, spend $1200+ on an instant plane ticket, fly to LaGuardia from where I live, leave the airport, catch the M60 bus, transfer to the 1 Train, get off at 34th, walk 1/2 mile to the Javits Center, buy a ticket, go inside and then buy one of the books in the picture?

Because that sounds kinda ridiculous.

Thanks for posting dealer pics. It's fun seeing rows and rows of all those GA books for those of us who don't get to attend.

I didn't quite understand the spam angle in this thread. Does someone really think that seeing pictures of dealer walls at NYCC is going to cause me to drop everything, spend $1200+ on an instant plane ticket, fly to LaGuardia from where I live, leave the airport, catch the M60 bus, transfer to the 1 Train, get off at 34th, walk 1/2 mile to the Javits Center, buy a ticket, go inside and then buy one of the books in the picture?

Because that sounds kinda ridiculous.

Thanks for posting dealer pics. It's fun seeing rows and rows of all those GA books for those of us who don't get to attend.

I tried to let it drop, but this is a ridiculous argument. It's spam bc a dealer (I happen to like btw) requested someone start a thread in general to showcase his wall books. There are only 3 rationales for doing so.

1) The dealer wants people to enjoy the sights from a con. Nevermind the fact that Jamie doesn't post here or really participate in any way. That's not a slight, just an observation.

2) He wants potential buyers to see and visit his booth the next day at the con. Plenty of con goers (could've) read the thread. Certainly not that far fetched and not intended to make people jump on a plane to NYC.

3) Potential buyers from around the country get to see his inventory of wall books. I don't think Jamie has a web presence focused on selling his wall books. I don't see much in the way of older or big books on his website or Ebay listings.

So, exaggeration aside, this thread was, IMHO, spam. I refer you back to the OP:

Hello-

I'm not at NYCC 2012, but Mr. Presidente of GC Comics (Jamie) asked if I would kindly post pics of some of his booth treasures :applause: I believe Jamie will post some sort of con report Tuesday...oh wait a minute...Jamie doesn't do con reports lol

Enjoy!

Ben

Note, it wasn't "Jaime wanted me to post some pics from the con where they're having a great time." Instead, while the con is still going on, someone is asked to start a thread to highlight the books a dealer has for sale at said con. I'm seriously having trouble understanding how someone reads that and doesn't view it as spam?

I don't think anyone has ever told someone, posting a con report, that pics of a dealer's wall interspersed with costumes, etc., were somehow spam. But that's not what happened here. 21 pics to start the thread. 20 were shots of the wall or the books, 7 of those were close up shots of individual books. This doesn't seem the least bit off-putting or spammy?

I want to add this. The mods have been notified. They haven't pulled it. Ergo, they haven't felt the need to move it for being spam. That's probably the only opinion that counts.

1)...Nevermind the fact that Jamie doesn't post here or really participate in any way.

And when he does he's usually a .

This thread is spam, partially b/c it's in Comics General. I went to the Golden Age section and saw a thread that was an announcement for a convention. Clearly out of place. I clicked on it expecting to see "wrong forum" and "spam" in the first posts, but no. The Golden oldies are so mellow that they made a thread out of it. So the lesson is, if you want to spam your books for sale, do it in the Golden Age section.

1)...Nevermind the fact that Jamie doesn't post here or really participate in any way.

This thread is spam, partially b/c it's in Comics General. I went to the Golden Age section and saw a thread that was an announcement for a convention. Clearly out of place. I clicked on it expecting to see "wrong forum" and "spam" in the first posts, but no. The Golden oldies are so mellow that they made a thread out of it. So the lesson is, if you want to spam your books for sale, do it in the Golden Age section.

You know this whole notion that this thread is somehow spam is ridiculous. Seriously people go find another cat to kick.

You know this whole notion that this thread is somehow spam is ridiculous. Seriously people go find another cat to kick.

I'm convinced. Well reasoned argument. Seriously, if this was someone not liked, the pitchforks would be out and the torches lit.

Spam is a combination of intent and method.

This thread is technically spam because the intent is in the first post.

It doesn't bother me much but I think the worry is that if you allow one then you open the flood gates.

But then again, I was OK with the Mound City thread a few years ago too.

I agree that the GA crowd is a little more lax about this of sort thing...mainly because they are here just for the comics and not because they're here to enforce anything, so any news about comics for them is good news I think.

The exception to the rule would be a MANNUP thread. Too much testosterone in one of those for all the old timers.