• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay account open to son!

19 posts in this topic

So my auction of ASM 121 CGC 7.0 ended Saturday night, buyer pays promptly. Then I get this Sunday:

"yes my son bought this item last night and paid for this item with out me knowing it. is there anyway you can see if the person that was bidding against him would like a second chance on this item and hopefully buy it because i already have one of these and dont need this one. I don't know what my son was doing on here and i do appologise for this. if there is anything you can do please let me know."

:facepalm:

I've already sent a second chance offer to the other bidder just waiting for a reply. I could just say NO and send the item but that could open a whole big can of worms that I don't want!

Just want to post here to see what you guys think of this!

Well, sorry you have to deal with such .

If the bidder that gets the 2nd chance offer wants to pay less still, you are likely getting scammed. The winning bidder bails and the underbidder - a confederate - tries to get the book for less still. Hoping you'll take less to just get the sale done

As others said. likley the buyer just found a better deal or a book he wants worse elsewhere.

Making him take the book will turn into a hassle as the odds are high he'll find some reason to try to return it. Sometimes eBay backs up sellers, oftentimes not.

Good Luck

Ya know, it is a common excuse (someone used my account) and one that has been used on me as a seller but, I use the iPad eBay app too, and my nephew bought a Skylander figure off my account since the eBay app always has you signed on.

Just throwing that out there.

So it's the seller's fault that parents don't teach their children about not using other peoples' property without permission?

What's next, child proof cigarette lighters?

i would offer to cancel the transaction so you dont get hit with ebay fees and just try and sell it again...probably easier to sell on the boards tho man...hassle free and pretty much full profit.

That just may be the best advice given here.

i would offer to cancel the transaction so you dont get hit with ebay fees and just try and sell it again...probably easier to sell on the boards tho man...hassle free and pretty much full profit.

+1

Yeah I've been thinking about it and wanted to start when my other books from cgc came back...but..you know the rest! :frustrated:

+1

+2

why's this being discussed? cancel transaciton and relist the item. it's not like you sent it yet right?

do you lose something i'm not aware of as a seller if you just cancel it and relist it? other than the current sale i mean, which i can't imagine you would want anyway cause he will probably just make your life miserable.