• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

Anyone care to ballpark the number of submissions CGC will get on Friday/early Saturday for onsite grading? With turnaround times being pretty high still, I can imagine a few people are stock piling and waiting until then.

Not as high cause No Stan Lee, and no HUGE names

True.. I meant Blue label. Sorry for not specifying.

I know that the SS subs will be lower than expected.

Maybe they can use the Stan Lee money on an exclusive or two :sorry:

yeah for sure. I guess the lack of Stan Lee with provide me with more time to do other things. I'll also be able to stash a few bucks for the Tampa show a few weeks later (which I really am looking forward to attending again!)

Now that Stan is going what do you guys recommending doing? I can imagine just doing the Neal Adams CGC SS and going around the vendor floor. Will there be some heavy hitters out there with nice collections up for grabs? I need stuff to do since I bought the three day pass lol

I recommend hitting the artist alley and taking some time to see what people are creating these days. There are going to be a lot of unpublished artists there but like all art, someone might surprise you. I just wish there were about 15-20 less of these artists and that many more artists/writers from dc/image/marvel.

There might also be a panel or two w/ topics/subject matter that are relevant to you. Those are good opportunities to rest your feet and learn something at the same time.

Now that Stan is going what do you guys recommending doing? I can imagine just doing the Neal Adams CGC SS and going around the vendor floor. Will there be some heavy hitters out there with nice collections up for grabs? I need stuff to do since I bought the three day pass lol

Like Mangbus said, I would check out the Panels. They tend to be lightly attended but very entertaining. Last year, there was a Green Lantern panel with Geoff Johns that was fun.

For the past couple of years, Jimmy Palmiotti and Darwyn Cooke have been on some panels together and they are pretty entertaining fellows.

It's funny being on the other side of the comic convention fence now. I don't think people realize how difficult it is to get "big names" to a convention.

True. Among other things, it takes a lot of planning. It's not something you can do with only a month's lead time. So when someone like Stan Lee cancels, it is difficult to replace him with equal talent on short notice.

Like Mangbus said, I would check out the Panels. They tend to be lightly attended but very entertaining. Last year, there was a Green Lantern panel with Geoff Johns that was fun.

For the past couple of years, Jimmy Palmiotti and Darwyn Cooke have been on some panels together and they are pretty entertaining fellows.

Thanks guys. Yeah I just checked the mega site and the panel schedule isn't up so I do not know which ones to attend.

It's funny being on the other side of the comic convention fence now. I don't think people realize how difficult it is to get "big names" to a convention.

But I have to say.......you do a Damn good job doing it (thumbs u

Thanks guys. Yeah I just checked the mega site and the panel schedule isn't up so I do not know which ones to attend.

The mailers for MegaCon have already gone out, and that should have the panels for it. Hopefully a store in area will have some if you are not already on the mailing list.

When I get home, I'll try to scan some pages.