• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

Hey does anyone if CGC is actually doing on-site grading this year? I feel like I have seen them advertising it, and not actually doing it, in the past.

If they are doing on-site grading, do they also do reholdering on-site?

They don't accept reholders at shows anymore, and certainly wouldn't do them onsite if they did. They will accept any books with error labels at a show, and that will save you from having to spend money shipping the errors to them for fixing. I've dropped off several error label books at various shows, most recently in November 2012 at WW Austin, and they have always taken them.

Do they do Prescreens at shows?

I didn't see Stan on the list to begin with but they announced via Twitter that he has ruled out MegaCon this year (health.) Best of luck to him in his recovery.

Really?! Because the mailer just came out, and Stan is on the cover. I was expecting him to cancel, so no surprise to me.

Maybe that frees up the budget for some other people...:think:

I didn't see Stan on the list to begin with but they announced via Twitter that he has ruled out MegaCon this year (health.) Best of luck to him in his recovery.

To clarify, the announcement had nothing to do with health. Stan is fine.

OH I thought it was just a continuation of his 'physically unable to travel' announcement that went out for his Amazing Arizona convention cancellation. Either way, best of health to him.

They do have most of the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation coming, though. It was enough to get my wife excited about coming to MegaCon, so that was a plus.

I just wish it was people from TOS :/

Star Trek...don't get me wrong...but why?

Why not just do a Star Trek convention and use the extra $$ for comic guests?

+1 this guest list is looking pretty similar to what Dragon*Con had this past year.

+1

With capital / space freed up from Stan dropping out they need another 'name'.

I think big money should be thrown at Kirkman to come down.

I would die. That would be so awesome. I was hoping Scott Snyder would be there too, but I don't think he was doing much outside of the west coast.

However I just picked up my Demon in a bottle issue for Bob Layton to sign so yay. Just a few more issues to get picked up to sign and I will be set.