• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

I did get a Capullo penguin print last year but with him not returning, I am not sure what comic titles usually have con exclusives for megacon (if any?)

Last couple years Mega Con hasn't had any exclusives from any of the major publishers. Maybe this year.

That Penguin print Capullo gave away was pretty cool though.

Are they even trying to get an exclusive? At this point they may just not care and/or want to deal w/ it. I understand that there is cost/risk involved.

At least Tate's Comics got a Star Wars (Lmtd to 1000) variant for Knight Errant (I think it was that .. all based off memory) for Celebration and almost no one goes there for comics.

A lot of new stuff will be popping up around March. Take Age of Ultron for example - Marvel has proven that they are not afraid to put out too many variants, what is stopping them from making an Avengers Age of Ultron Megacon variant?

On a semi-related note, do any of you ever attend the panels at MegaCon?

I usually attend a couple that interest me. The Robot Chicken panel a few years back was great. I usually go to the big ones too, like William Shatner's and Stan Lee's.

I did get a Capullo penguin print last year but with him not returning, I am not sure what comic titles usually have con exclusives for megacon (if any?)

Last couple years Mega Con hasn't had any exclusives from any of the major publishers. Maybe this year.

That Penguin print Capullo gave away was pretty cool though.

Are they even trying to get an exclusive? At this point they may just not care and/or want to deal w/ it. I understand that there is cost/risk involved.

At least Tate's Comics got a Star Wars (Lmtd to 1000) variant for Knight Errant (I think it was that .. all based off memory) for Celebration and almost no one goes there for comics.

A lot of new stuff will be popping up around March. Take Age of Ultron for example - Marvel has proven that they are not afraid to put out too many variants, what is stopping them from making an Avengers Age of Ultron Megacon variant?

Been the last 5 years and have not went to one panel. Usually any news or memorable things that are announced are written about on one of the big comic book news websites, so i've never felt a need to go to the panels.

Buying my tickets Thursday! So excited! Can some people help me out, I'm planning on picking up a copy of infinite crysis for George Perez to sign but can others help me figure out who the big hitters are? I'm new to collecting, and I read the bios of all of the attendees but help would be appreciated.

Chris Claremont for Xmen

Neal Adams for Green Lantern

Thanks a lot! I read through the attendees list before I really knew anything. I totally forgot that Neal Adams was going to be there. Man...that's exciting.

Hey does anyone if CGC is actually doing on-site grading this year? I feel like I have seen them advertising it, and not actually doing it, in the past.

If they are doing on-site grading, do they also do reholdering on-site?

they will drive the books back to Sarasota if they repeat last years modus operandi

But they generally do not do on site reholdering (was not offered last year)

Hey does anyone if CGC is actually doing on-site grading this year? I feel like I have seen them advertising it, and not actually doing it, in the past.

If they are doing on-site grading, do they also do reholdering on-site?

They don't accept reholders at shows anymore, and certainly wouldn't do them onsite if they did. They will accept any books with error labels at a show, and that will save you from having to spend money shipping the errors to them for fixing. I've dropped off several error label books at various shows, most recently in November 2012 at WW Austin, and they have always taken them.

Buying my tickets Thursday! So excited! Can some people help me out, I'm planning on picking up a copy of infinite crysis for George Perez to sign but can others help me figure out who the big hitters are? I'm new to collecting, and I read the bios of all of the attendees but help would be appreciated.

Mark Bagley-Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Thunderbolts

Mike McKone- Teen Titans, Fantastic Four & Avengers Academy

Steve McNiven-Civil War, Nemesis & Captain America

Frank Cho-Mighty Avengers & Savage Wolverine

Mark Waid-Daredevil & Superman Birthright

Jim Cheung-Young Avengers, Scion & A vs X cover artist

Steve Epting-Captain America & New Avengers

Bob Layton-Iron Man

Clay Mann-X-Men Legacy & Gambit

Paul Pelletier-Incredible Hulk & Aquaman

Brandon Petterson-Uncanny X-Men

Alex Saviuk-Web of Spider-Man

Mark Bagley-Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Thunderbolts

Mike McKone- Teen Titans, Fantastic Four & Avengers Academy

Steve McNiven-Civil War, Nemesis & Captain America

Frank Cho-Mighty Avengers & Savage Wolverine

Mark Waid-Daredevil & Superman Birthright

Jim Cheung-Young Avengers, Scion & A vs X cover artist

Steve Epting-Captain America & New Avengers

Bob Layton-Iron Man

Clay Mann-X-Men Legacy & Gambit

Paul Pelletier-Incredible Hulk & Aquaman

Brandon Petterson-Uncanny X-Men

Alex Saviuk-Spectacular Spider-Man

Great highlight list! Thanks for doing that.