• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

If you can't get in with a dealer badge, it might be a good idea to pass the books off to someone who can, and have them submit the books for you. Another way is to mail them to CCS the week before. Call Marie at CCS to coordinate that if you do ship them.

Matt

Actually Matt Nelson said if you want to get them in to CCS you can mail them in ahead of time.

From Faceboook:

We regret to announce that Mark Waid, and Brandon Peterson has cancelled their appearances at Megacon 2013.

The week before the show. Booo.

Waid - "Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to pull out of Orlando's MegaCon this weekend -- but it's a GREAT show! Hightest recommendation! " - twitter

From Faceboook:

We regret to announce that Mark Waid, and Brandon Peterson has cancelled their appearances at Megacon 2013.

I was gonna try to squeeze a sketch out a Peterson... oh well

My 16-year-old son, Nathaniel Greyson _____, will be in attenance Saturday with four of his Freshman buds from Saint Petersburg College, (Tarpon Springs Campus) and two Tarpon Springs High School Senior chicks. "You got that boom-boom? They got that vroom-vroom!"

All are driving over from Pinellas County in a rented passenger van. powered-by-af-small.png

From Faceboook:

The week before the show. Booo.

Waid - "Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to pull out of Orlando's MegaCon this weekend -- but it's a GREAT show! Hightest recommendation! " - twitter

That takes care of one artist :(

Withdrew my cash from the bank today, got my books packed in the portfolio case, all ready for Saturday.

My friend decided to not listen to me when I told him to order his tickets online 3 weeks ago but oh well. We drove all around and finally found a ticket at the Kissimmee location.

My girlfriend isn't too thrilled about me dragging her, is there any way I can spin it to get her excited about anything?

Either way...I'm so EXCITED!

Withdrew my cash from the bank today, got my books packed in the portfolio case, all ready for Saturday.

My friend decided to not listen to me when I told him to order his tickets online 3 weeks ago but oh well. We drove all around and finally found a ticket at the Kissimmee location.

My girlfriend isn't too thrilled about me dragging her, is there any way I can spin it to get her excited about anything?

Instead of dragging her, pull her along in a wagon. Sounds like it would be better for both of you.

:signfunny:

I stopped inviting my gf to these sorts of things unless there is a media guest or two that she is into.

I take a very heads down, get my stuff done approach and she does the 'oh hey.. look at that .. and that.. and that' approach.

I took my girl last year and she'll be with me for one of the days this year. What you must understand is this is a favor. She has no interest what so ever but because you asked for her company, she's there. You will have to repay this favor lol. Just talk to her through out the show about stuff she's into while your getting your stuff done. She will come in handy if you need her to get an extra item signed.

I drove from Tampa to Kissimmee to get a advance ticket, I usually plan ahead but put it off for too long.

No Wife this year, as I don't want her to see how much I'm going to spend.

So how do I tell who's a boardie while walking around Megacon? Is there an official CGC Boardie t-shirt program that i'm unaware of?

(shrug)

I'm creating a group PM for those few who will need to locate me to pickup purchases or their sketches from my Opp.

Other than that, not sure how else to ID everyone.

Should have made CGC Forum Member custom badges so that people who want to wear them at shows, can.

So how do I tell who's a boardie while walking around Megacon? Is there an official CGC Boardie t-shirt program that i'm unaware of?

(shrug)

I'm creating a group PM for those few who will need to locate me to pickup purchases or their sketches from my Opp.

Other than that, not sure how else to ID everyone.

Should have made CGC Forum Member custom badges so that people who want to wear them at shows, can.

Secret handshakes or chest bumps as introductions should work.

oh and the weather shows a 0% chance of rain Thur - Sun. :headbang:

68 on thursday, load in (that's sweet)

75 on friday

81 on saturday

84 on sunday, but should be in 70's for move out...

picture perfect weather if all holds