• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if you had $2000 to blow, what comic would you get?

84 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #48. If you tried hard enough you could probably get one in a 9.4 white pages. Not too many keys that feature first appearance of a major hero and villian can you get high grade for $2,000. Plus it was actually worked on by Lee/Kirby.

Fantastic Four #48. If you tried hard enough you could probably get one in a 9.4 white pages. Not too many keys that feature first appearance of a major hero and villian can you get high grade for $2,000. Plus it was actually worked on by Lee/Kirby.

I really like silver surfer and galactus but I find the cover of FF48 fugly.

I'd probably wait until you had another $2000 personally but yes - FF #48 is a good buy (thumbs u

Yeah it would have been cooler if it had FF #50 cover on it instead.

Yeah it would have been cooler if it had FF #50 cover on it instead.

I agree. 49 would also have been good.

I had a deal worked out of Tim Vigil to get the original artwork of the rejected Spawn cover he did as well as the artwork for the 2 page graveyard spread he did for Faust #9 for $2000. I would still love to get those, but doubt I could get them for that price now.

Congrats on the quitting smoking. I've tried half a dozen times and no luck yet.

It's funny. I stopped buying comics around the time I started smoking and then I got back into the hobby soon after I quit smoking 17 years later.

I vote for a Hulk 181 or either and Iron Man 1 or Silver Surfer 4 in the highest grade possible.

I quit smoking 7 months ago and I've probably saved $1200 roughly so far by not buying cigarettes. I think by the 12 month mark I'll be at about $2000. So if you were going to buy yourself a nice celebration comic book present for between $1500-$2000 what would you go for?

WD#1 will not be on my list, but maybe an ASM14 or a Hulk181. I'm not sure, I've got a few months to think about it.

Congratulations on quitting smoking. I am sure it isn't easy to do.

Personally, I think you should buy a Stuntman 1 or whatever else I have listed on Comic Connect at the end of the month.

:jokealert:

I quit smoking 7 months ago and I've probably saved $1200 roughly so far by not buying cigarettes. I think by the 12 month mark I'll be at about $2000. So if you were going to buy yourself a nice celebration comic book present for between $1500-$2000 what would you go for?

WD#1 will not be on my list, but maybe an ASM14 or a Hulk181. I'm not sure, I've got a few months to think about it.

Ask fingh

Do you have a fireplace?

$2000 of modern age comic books would heat your home for decades.

Hey good for you! That is a fantastic accomplishment!

I would go with a mega-key like Daredevil #1 because you can get a High Grade for around that price! And that book is TOTALLY undervalued... and once they do the movies right (expect a trilogy done right at SOME point) that book will take off and likely reach closer to the other mega-key statuses.

And I'm not being biased at all, that still has the most growth movement of any mega key in my opinion.

Congrats on stopping smoking! Id say Amazing Spiderman 1 in 2.0.

Or an Action 17 in 3.0.

Personally I feel both have potential.

Hulk 1 in 1.0-1.8

ASM 1 in 1.0-2.0

AF 15 in 1.0 (might be a stretch as some 1.0s have pushed 2500-3000 but still possible)

FF 1 in 1.0-2.0

Good luck :)

Personally I would avoid WD1. While I would love to own it, the potential to quickly lose half your value is there, while any SA low grade key or high grade semi-key seems more stable (and conservative).

I would also love a FF48, but there are many high grade copies due to the warehouse find. You never know if they are still slowly being added to the market and how that may effect value in the future.

I agree that DD1 is undervalued; for a comic, that would be my best bet.

But if I had the money to spend, I would get some (or possibly only one) SA or BA original art :)

--Jim

P.S. Primetime, I just noticed your signature scripture :thumbsup:

Personally I would avoid WD1. While I would love to own it, the potential to quickly lose half your value is there, while any SA low grade key or high grade semi-key seems more stable (and conservative).

I would also love a FF48, but there are many high grade copies due to the warehouse find. You never know if they are still slowly being added to the market and how that may effect value in the future.

I agree that DD1 is undervalued; for a comic, that would be my best bet.

But if I had the money to spend, I would get some (or possibly only one) SA or BA original art :)

--Jim

P.S. Primetime, I just noticed your signature scripture :thumbsup:

:angel:

Pre 64 SA keys are the safer investment...WD1s are a current hot fad. If you buy 9.8+ copies, one must flip fast and not hold before it crashes. You won't loose money on an AF15 or Hulk 1.

If I had $2000 to blow on comics, I would spend it with Moondog's old buddy, Steve Gursky, who is celebrating his shop's 30th anniversary. He's running an auction with some very nice books.

http://stevescomicrelief.com/goldsilver-age-silent-auction/

Check it out in person or via the Internet!

Link.