• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pulse #4 - Spoiler Alert

16 posts in this topic

This title has nothing to do with the "Amazing Spiderman" and for that reason....I'm not sure anybody cares. This is just another one of those Marvel comics that has nothing to do with either the history of Marvel or the now non-existant Marvel universe. The title will die after another 15 - 20 issues and it won't matter what happened in the mean time. In short, until I read Urich knows Spiderman's secret identity in Amazing Spiderman, it's just another one of those things that never happened.

Because "4" is a Marvel Knights book, where continuity is generally ignored. The Fantastic Four are not poor and living in an apartment building in the regular Marvel Universe.

The events of Marvel Knights Spider-Man are not going to have any ramifications on the stories in Amazing and Spectacular.

However, the Pulse is a Marvel Universe book, supposedly in continuity. I haven't read Pulse 4 yet as my LCS got shorted.

If Urich does know, while I don't think it's a great idea for more people to know that Peter is Spider-Man, it's not that big of a deal. Urich has managed to keep Daredevil's ID under wraps, there's no reason to think he wouldn't do the same for his pal Peter. It's a non-revelation, perfect for the Marvel Universe... Urich put two and two together and won't do anything about it. The only thing it affects is the dynamic of the Peter/Urich/Spidey relationship (which we don't see that often anyway).

Because "4" is a Marvel Knights book, where continuity is generally ignored.

However, the Pulse is a Marvel Universe book, supposedly in continuity.

What he said. Marvel Knights isn't meant to be in continuity. The Pulse is not Marvel Knights.

So back to my original question:

Was anyone else surprised that Ben Urich confronted Spider-Man that Urich knew that Spider-Man was indeed Peter Parker?

"Was anyone else surprised that Ben Urich confronted Spider-Man that Urich knew that Spider-Man was indeed Peter Parker? "

No, not surprised at all. Spidey's secret identity has always been one of the worst kept secrets in the comic world.(although it looks like Batman may be the current reigning king of poor secrets due to all of his bat-buddies, i.e nightwing, robin, spoiler, birds of prey, etc.)

Spoiler alert!!

It has been so common that it even became a theme in the Spidey 2 movie. Who didn't know PP was Spidey in #2, lets see MJ knew, Robbie Roberson acts like he knows, Doc Ock, Harry, a train load of people(of course they didn't know exactly who he was), Aunt May sure seemed to know, maybe even the kid across the street from May knew.

Who else knows Spidey's ID in comics...Black Cat, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Green Goblins I & II, did Capt. Stacy know?, Jackal.....all you spidey fans pitch in a little with the rest of the names.

Who else knows Spidey's ID in comics...Black Cat, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Green Goblins I & II, did Capt. Stacy know?, Jackal.....all you spidey fans pitch in a little with the rest of the names.

gossip.gifList of who knows Spidey's identity.

The Beyonder is dead!? 893whatthe.gif

I never sent any flowers... sorry.gif

The Beyonder was just in the last Thanos story arc...as a chick!!! A hot chick at that, if ya like em pale scary and obtuse.

Bendis is writing. He'll out Spidey to everyone if it makes for a good scene, and the Pulse scene was amusing.

See: Ultimate Spidey and Daredevil. More people know PP is SM in the Ultimate-verse than ever knew/know in the original. And thats in 5 years vs 40. Has made for some killer stories in DD though, and I look forward to seeing how that all plays out. He had to promise to fix what he f-ed up before he went and outed Daredevil.

Thanks BradleyX2

Just remember, sometimes it is better to be ignorant..otherwise you might wind up on the know-it-all but dead list. 893whatthe.gif

Kinda like being Litte Joes girlfriends on Bonanza. They always died within an episode of their intro.