• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys over-hyped the Avengers movie

160 posts in this topic

Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? I guess he was trying but didn't have good footing to gain momentum?

Actually, they were told that the prison designed to hold the Hulk had a fail safe to it. If the hulk started trying to break his way out of it, the entire chamber gets rapidly catapulted off the Helicarrier via that chute and sent plummeting to the earth. When Thor is trapped within, and he strikes it with Mjolnir, the glass cracks and the chamber shakes and shimmies, reminding him what happens if he were to strike it again. THAT is why he doesn't continue trying to escape.

hm good call

I think for the most part Watchmen was pretty much a recreation of the source material.

That is kind of what I thought. I remember a lot of complaining and carrying-on when the movie came out. I was practically crucified by my friends for suggesting the ending was much better and more fitting to the story than the original. So I figured most comic nerds objected to that film.

Yep, even down to some small details. Only change was the ending, which even when I read the comics way back I thought that ending was strange. The way the movie ended at least made sense. I can't imagine anyone actually liking how it ended in the original, only people who complain because it was different. When I told people who never read the original how it ended, they thought I was joking.

Yeah, the way the comic ended was kinda dumb. The movie raised it to the level of mediocrity, which makes it the high point of the film. :)

I thought Watchmen ended very well.

Comic or movie?

Movie. The comic ending was rather weird to me.

Anyway who didn't enjoy it simply didn't WANT to enjoy it.

Nuff' said. (thumbs u

Case dismissed.

I call BS. After Prometheus and Expendables 2 this was the movie I was most looking forward to. I left the theater with a heavy heart.

The higher your expectations, the more likely you are to be disappointed. :foryou:

The Avengers was a movie of "Scenes". The story isn't incredibly great, but it had "scenes" I wanted to see.

I wanted to see a Hulk that kicked @ss. I wanted to see these characters fight and do things. I don't want some piece of feces like the last X-men movie where they sit and around and talk about being superheroes, but do next to nothing.

DG

It was fun, but Jesus Christ guys.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation? Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

Who really gives a mess?

Not me.

lol

Can you tell me if I should or should not like The Dark Knight Rises movie as well?

I will tell you when I see it. Based on how Bane looks, I am leaning towards no. But I thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 movies, so I am hopeful.

Probably will be 3 months or so, when the Blue Ray comes out.

lol

Can you tell me if I should or should not like The Dark Knight Rises movie as well?

I will tell you when I see it. Based on how Bane looks, I am leaning towards no. But I thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 movies, so I am hopeful.

Probably will be 3 months or so, when the Blue Ray comes out.

I haven't seen this one either. Blu Ray for me. Rental.

Nuff' said. (thumbs u

Case dismissed.

I call BS. After Prometheus and Expendables 2 this was the movie I was most looking forward to. I left the theater with a heavy heart.

The higher your expectations, the more likely you are to be disappointed. :foryou:

Bleh :sick:

Haters are gonna hate no matter what! :sumo:

In being here for just the few years I have I have noticed that there are certain posters who just like to complain about EVERYTHING. Sometimes I can't tell if they are trying to stir things up or if they are sincere.

I also noticed there are a few posters that post here but don't collect comics, why post on a comic board if you don't collect?? I can understand they might have friends here but I am sure they have friends eleswhere too.

Anyway, back on topic. I thought the Avengers movie was GREAT!! I will be watching the second one when it comes out and am pretty sure I will enjoy that one too! As someone else posted it is BY FAR the best comic movie yet.

Nuff' said. (thumbs u

Case dismissed.

Bleh :sick:

See? You should learn not to expect so much from my posts. lol

I find it noteworthy that Dale Roberts has changed his avatar for the first time in his Boards career.

He’s also redecorated his sig line. Another epic first I believe.

I find it noteworthy that Dale Roberts has changed his avatar for the first time in his Boards career.

Someone complained that my KFC designed box was actually advertising. Yeah, I am talking about the one which Flee created, I paid nothing for, didn't mention my business name, didn't have my name, a link to my business, or anything else.....

go figure :insane:

Someone complained that my KFC designed box was actually advertising. Yeah, I am talking about the one which Flee created, I paid nothing for, didn't mention my business name, didn't have my name, a link to my business, or anything else.....

Boardies :whistle:

Don't you like the good-hearted folks bringing that to your attention? I bet they can't keep their underwear clean, but they feel they can help you with your business venture.

Don't you like the good-hearted folks bringing that to your attention? I bet they can't keep their underwear clean, but they feel they can help you with your business venture.

whatever.....

I like everyone. Life is too short to let trifling things like this ruin even one day.

:whee:

whatever.....

I like everyone. Life is too short to let trifling things like this ruin even one day.

:whee:

Quickly adding this to my Dale Roberts Almanac.

It goes with his other classic bits of homespun wisdom:

1) There'll always be another collection. Get over it.

2) What do you have to be angry about? Get over it.