• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys over-hyped the Avengers movie

160 posts in this topic

It was fun, but Jesus Christ guys.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation? Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK. SAME BAT-TIME, SAME BAT-CHANNEL :grin:

I finally watched Avengers today.

After looking forward to it greatly, I must say that it completely lived up to everything I heard about it, and lived up to my best hopes for a movie about super-heroes.

It was BY FAR the best super-hero movie I have ever seen, bar none. It was one of the most fun movies I have seen in years, probably since Iron Man came out, but seems to me would have a much broader appeal.

I literally laughed out loud at the Loki/Hulk confrontation, and backed it up, and watched it again. And at the end, when Thanos is revealed....I was like WOW!

Thought it was great. I would watch it over and over again.

Anyway who didn't enjoy it simply didn't WANT to enjoy it.

It was fun, but Jesus Christ guys.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation? Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

Actually, I agree. I found the romp rather mudane. There were good sections but there was a lot of dry spells, I think---and the above are all questions I had.

Treat it like a popcorn flick, I guess. Check your brain at the door.

I finally watched Avengers today.

After looking forward to it greatly, I must say that it completely lived up to everything I heard about it, and lived up to my best hopes for a movie about super-heroes.

It was BY FAR the best super-hero movie I have ever seen, bar none. It was one of the most fun movies I have seen in years, probably since Iron Man came out, but seems to me would have a much broader appeal.

I literally laughed out loud at the Loki/Hulk confrontation, and backed it up, and watched it again. And at the end, when Thanos is revealed....I was like WOW!

Thought it was great. I would watch it over and over again.

:applause:

lol

Can you tell me if I should or should not like The Dark Knight Rises movie as well?

I think for the most part Watchmen was pretty much a recreation of the source material.

That is kind of what I thought. I remember a lot of complaining and carrying-on when the movie came out. I was practically crucified by my friends for suggesting the ending was much better and more fitting to the story than the original. So I figured most comic nerds objected to that film.

Yep, even down to some small details. Only change was the ending, which even when I read the comics way back I thought that ending was strange. The way the movie ended at least made sense. I can't imagine anyone actually liking how it ended in the original, only people who complain because it was different. When I told people who never read the original how it ended, they thought I was joking.

I think for the most part Watchmen was pretty much a recreation of the source material.

That is kind of what I thought. I remember a lot of complaining and carrying-on when the movie came out. I was practically crucified by my friends for suggesting the ending was much better and more fitting to the story than the original. So I figured most comic nerds objected to that film.

Yep, even down to some small details. Only change was the ending, which even when I read the comics way back I thought that ending was strange. The way the movie ended at least made sense. I can't imagine anyone actually liking how it ended in the original, only people who complain because it was different. When I told people who never read the original how it ended, they thought I was joking.

Yeah, the way the comic ended was kinda dumb. The movie raised it to the level of mediocrity, which makes it the high point of the film. :)

Yeah, the way the comic ended was kinda dumb. The movie raised it to the level of mediocrity, which makes it the high point of the film. :)

I thought Watchmen ended very well.

Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? I guess he was trying but didn't have good footing to gain momentum?

Actually, they were told that the prison designed to hold the Hulk had a fail safe to it. If the hulk started trying to break his way out of it, the entire chamber gets rapidly catapulted off the Helicarrier via that chute and sent plummeting to the earth. When Thor is trapped within, and he strikes it with Mjolnir, the glass cracks and the chamber shakes and shimmies, reminding him what happens if he were to strike it again. THAT is why he doesn't continue trying to escape.

I thought Watchmen ended very well.

Comic or movie?

Nuff' said. (thumbs u

Case dismissed.

I call BS. After Prometheus and Expendables 2 this was the movie I was most looking forward to. I left the theater with a heavy heart.