• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

All those Fatale books you were upset about paying too much for should be highly sought after now that it is an ongoing title. Great News about an awesome title. I imagine that it's going to start picking up steam on eBay. I just hope that it gets a serious look from Hollywood because it would be an awesome television show!

Tried it didnt like it. It could work as a TV show, but I would say a long shot though.

hollywood loves Lovecraft, and with winter soldier being made, brubaker might get a look.

I dont disagree there. Its possible, but everything lately is a show.

Mondo #1 is flying under the radar. Features the preview of Peter Panzerfaust ( Peter Panzerfaust is an $80-100 book on ebay.) hm

I have a nice copy of Mondo #1, and have not seen any posted on ebay lately.

Does any one know how much a slabbed one goes for? Or even a raw one?

Edited by UberChog

Mondo #1 is flying under the radar. Features the preview of Peter Panzerfaust ( Peter Panzerfaust is an $80-100 book on ebay.) hm

I have a nice copy of Mondo #1, and have not seen any posted on ebay lately.

Does any one know how much a slabbed one goes for? Or even a raw one?

Here are some recent completed results from eBay +urbano%2c+aliens%2c+snarfo%2c+trump%2c+bizarro&_sacat=63&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200'>eBay link

http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/preorders-for-02/01/13/image/bedlam-1-nycc-exc-var-cvr-mr-/prod_2039.html

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=BEDLAM+%231+NYCC+EXC+VAR+CV_1236638

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Bedlam-1-Nycc-Exc-Variant-Cover___416557

To me this looks like Bedlam NYCC is going to have hit its peak by January by the time orders are shipped. I would suspect that the pre orders are or will get over subscribed so not everyone will get allocation but it will still ensure a lot are dumped on ebay. If the print run is still 1K + 5-10% then I'd take a guess at 150+

Should still work ok for people that get in and get out fast but nothing to get excited about.

Looks like some stores are trying to order large/max amounts too. Wonder how that will go for them?

Anyone see the Brookly Knight comic that was given away at the Brooklyn Nets game on eBay? Crazy just crazy...lol

BleedingCool.com is probably the only place that drives speculators more than these forums. As soon as they post an article there (like on that), they always see an immediate surge in prices.

Anyone see the Brookly Knight comic that was given away at the Brooklyn Nets game on eBay? Crazy just crazy...lol

BleedingCool.com is probably the only place that drives speculators more than these forums. As soon as they post an article there (like on that), they always see an immediate surge in prices.

I agree, hard part is when the site gets it wrong, which happens quite a bit lately.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I agree, hard part is when the site gets it wrong, which happens quite a bit lately.

Seems the people on here get in right more than they do!! lol

Here's are some of my choices:

Annihilation Conquest 6 ( first current Guardians of the Galaxy )

Batman The Return 1:200 Sketch Variant ( first Leviathan )

The Punisher 31 ( first Barracuda )

Dark Avengers 177 ( first Boss Cage )

X-Men Second Coming 2 1:50 Finch Variant ( First Uncanny X-Force )

Mondo 1 ( First Peter Panzerfaust )

Dc Universe 0 ( 2nd Print ) ( first Larfleeze )

Savage Dragon 102 ( Invincible Preview )

Rage of the Red Lanterns Special ( first Dex-Starr and his origin Green Lantern 55 variant )

Image First 2005 ( first reprinting of the Walking Dead 1 )

Venom 13 Sketch Variant ( first x-666 amongst others )

Fear Itself 7 (variant) ( First Appearance Marcus Johnson )

And what if the Miguel Slott is referring to is Miguel Legar? After all, Slott hinted about the eyes and Miguel Legar's Eyes turn Blue when he uses his powers. If so Amazing Fantasy Vol. 2 issue 1 would be the book to find but I am pretty sure the print run on that book was high...

Not sure what all the buzz about Mondo 1 is. It was supposed to be released on 2/15/12, same date as Panzerfaust 1. But it wasn't actually distributed for sale until the following week. So PP1 is really the first app of Peter--not Mondo 1, even if it contains a "preview".

http://www.shadowlineonline.com/news?page=6

First appearance of peter panzerfaust was written by kurtis wiebe of the fame green wake, he first appeared in green wake 7 at the back of the comic book. It contained the first 5 pages of peter panzerfaust that was shipped november 2011. I also know the first appearance of happy, revival, clone, nowhere men, fatale,non human, thief of thieves, walking dead,chew, morning glories. Now you see the madness i created good luck in searching the back issues of image comics lol. LET THE HORDING BEGIN.

131939.jpg.fd4e4f6b59370568da74ab54b8bdf47a.jpg

Edited by HAPPY

First appearance of peter panzerfaust was written by kurtis wiebe of the fame green wake, he first appeared in green wake 7 at the back of the comic book. It contained the first 5 pages of peter panzerfaust that was shipped november 2011. I also know the first appearance of happy, revival, clone, nowhere men, fatale,non human, thief of thieves, walking dead,chew, morning glories. Now you see the madness i created good luck in searching the back issues of image comics lol. LET THE HORDING BEGIN.

Do you have some sort of substance problem?

Dramatic entrance fella!