• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis (accidentally) discloses they press comics on their website

139 posts in this topic

Besides Bedrock Richard, who else posting is a dealer? (shrug)

I'm pretty sure just about everybody in this thread has had a sales thread at one time or another.

We're all dealers :banana:

Edgar Chruch's pressing piles . . . :cloud9:

One of my favorite ridiculous rebuttals. Right up there with "if you had kids, you'd understand" and "that's your OPINION".

I fancy the good old 'you're only book smart.'

I'm pretty sure just about everybody in this thread has had a sales thread at one time or another.

My sales threads are more like giveaways.

One of my favorite ridiculous rebuttals. Right up there with "if you had kids, you'd understand" and "that's your OPINION".

Yes, and its corollary "over-educated".

My sales threads are more like giveaways.

:takeit:

Your grate.

I like "pedantic."

"I'm just a bad test-taker."

Except you're leaving out that tiny "alter" phase, between supply & demand.

Every middleman or supplier has an "alter" phase before moving a product from wholesale to the general public. Sometimes it's as simple as changing a label on a product to repackage it. Other times, the actual product is changed. It's still just simple business. You're just putting an emotional spin on it, which doesn't happen in regular business but does in hobby related businesses.

It wasn't that he altered his wares, it's that he included a technique that wasn't sanctioned.

The "technique that wasn't sanctioned" (which happens to be trimming) was not sanctioned by the majority of the hobby. You forgot to mention that.

But leaving that out ruins all of Davs sensationalism :shrug: Where is the fun in a non-sensationalized discussion?

Well I guess he could come on and accuse someone of scumming up the cgc boards.Again.

Upon request, and the requests are fairly regular, we will provide this service to our customers when taking their collections on consignment.

While we don't know if any of our competitors offer pressing, our consignors find the service to be quite convenient for them as we charge actual pressing fees before sending the comics on to CGC. We are always happy to help in maximizing value for our clients.

Very best,

Rob Reynolds

Director of Consignments

ComicConnect

Metropolis Collectibles

I'm not a dealer. I'm an opportunist.

Watson I may disagree with you elsewhere, but I enjoy that quote if nothing else...