• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis (accidentally) discloses they press comics on their website

139 posts in this topic

That's impossible as Davenport doesn't have a sense of humor.

:P Huh. Go figure. I've laughed at the topic since the get-go. (:

Oh well. As long as I keep myself entertained. :boo::acclaim:

chiltons.jpgEasystreetGuide.jpgE_blade.jpg

I always figured you had a sense of humor. (shrug)

That's impossible as Davenport doesn't have a sense of humor.

:P Huh. Go figure. I've laughed at the topic since the get-go. (:

Oh well. As long as I keep myself entertained. :boo::acclaim:

chiltons.jpgEasystreetGuide.jpgE_blade.jpg

We might not share the same views on pressing. But I am in awe of your photo-shoppery and wicked sense of humor. :applause:

Except you're leaving out that tiny "alter" phase, between supply & demand.

Every middleman or supplier has an "alter" phase before moving a product from wholesale to the general public. Sometimes it's as simple as changing a label on a product to repackage it. Other times, the actual product is changed. It's still just simple business. You're just putting an emotional spin on it, which doesn't happen in regular business but does in hobby related businesses.

It wasn't that he altered his wares, it's that he included a technique that wasn't sanctioned.

The "technique that wasn't sanctioned" (which happens to be trimming) was not sanctioned by the majority of the hobby. You forgot to mention that.

But leaving that out ruins all of Davs sensationalism :shrug: Where is the fun in a non-sensationalized discussion?

I was waiting for someone else to drop the Fox News worthy S word as I didn't want to be pointed out as an apologist.

Thank you.

(worship)

Sheesh, if I can't poke fun at nerds hunched over dry mount presses, fritzing with old comic books, might as well go collect coins. :sorry:

:idea:

Hey, whatever happened with Team Derail ® ? (shrug) They'd have been all over this back in the day. :slapfight:

No fun if a pressing thread just hangs out there, unlocked like this. Kinda embarrassing, don'tcha think? :blush:

Sheesh, if I can't poke fun at nerds hunched over dry mount presses, fritzing with old comic books, might as well go collect coins. :sorry:

:idea:

Hey, whatever happened with Team Derail ® ? (shrug) They'd have been all over this back in the day. :slapfight:

No fun if a pressing thread just hangs out there, unlocked like this. Kinda embarrassing, don'tcha think? :blush:

E Pluribus Unum

Edgar Chruch's pressing piles . . . :cloud9:

One of my favorite ridiculous rebuttals. Right up there with "if you had kids, you'd understand" and "that's your OPINION".