• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

>>I kinda wish the recent phantom variant I bought was actually a ghost variant....This thread made me realize that they are different, and as I'm pretty knowledgeable about comics I wonder how many people have made the same mistake to the profit of Larry and the detriment of those buyers..<<

Snicker...You seem pretty bright.

I would imagine VERY few...

This system drags itself into the mud harboring all the crazies...

for someone with a notably thin skin you do seem very quick to insult...not in a fun and imaginative way but in that darkly brooding witless manner...project much?

The aftermarket wasn't great on a lot of books in 2013.

I can certainly hold my head high with the body of work the program supported.

The program sponsored killer covers that are much rarer than their regular printing counterparts.Let's see how they fare in the aftermarket going forward.

( somebody told me that I might be the largest buyer of variant covers for the past year.)

Less than a year in the program has fabulous relations with publishers & creators.

There are over 40 Phantoms in the works for the coming year.

:)

fiveghosts.JPG

guardians1.JPG

redsonja1.JPG

advtime5.JPG

tmnt22.PNG

no...I like his posts too...more power to him...but I call it like I see it, should I cow tow?

I like Bill Clinton too, but I'd still try to ask him why he signed Doma....and I'm not trying to be a hater on him. Just it seems like this is uncouth and I'd love to know why it's...couth?

I kinda wish the recent phantom variant I bought was actually a ghost variant....This thread made me realize that they are different, and as I'm pretty knowledgeable about comics I wonder how many people have made the same mistake to the profit of Larry and the detriment of those buyers...

Why would the phantom variant book you just bought be any different from a Ghost Variant book?

They're two different programs. But you still hold a wildly_fanciful_statement modern variant in your hands.

I don't like the demographic situation of the Phantom program. but I still think Larry does a great job promoting it and coming out with some great titles.

I really do think that if you guys went through Larry to buy phantoms and not through an phantom program retailer you might see how nice and accommodating Larry is. 2c

I hear that.

The Program is almost a year old.

I'm not opening any new accounts in existing territories, but realize fans need outlets at cover price.

I just added a few shops:

Zapp Comics, NJ (2)

Samuraii, Comics, AZ (3)

Bazinga Comics, TX

Black Cat Comics, UT

I'll have a Phantom shop in every state by 2014.

There's NOBODY working harder at fairly expanding a shared retailer variant program than me.

I was more referring to how you have two Canadian stores and they are both in a very unpopulated part of Canada, in the same province.

>>I kinda wish the recent phantom variant I bought was actually a ghost variant....This thread made me realize that they are different, and as I'm pretty knowledgeable about comics I wonder how many people have made the same mistake to the profit of Larry and the detriment of those buyers..<<

Snicker...You seem pretty bright.

I would imagine VERY few...

This system drags itself into the mud harboring all the crazies...

for someone with a notably thin skin you do seem very quick to insult...not in a fun and imaginative way but in that darkly brooding witless manner...project much?

You keep taking shots at him and he fires back.

Go figure. (shrug)

I actually enjoy Larry's variant's for the Art.

That is why I buy a variant. Many of the phantom/ghost variants offer a nice alternative cover at a reasonable price unlike Marvel/DC incentive variants that are 1:50 to 1:500.

stop making so much sense or you'll be chased out of here with pitchforks Pitchfork&Firebrand.gif

no...I like his posts too...more power to him...but I call it like I see it, should I cow tow?

I like Bill Clinton too, but I'd still try to ask him why he signed Doma....and I'm not trying to be a hater on him. Just it seems like this is uncouth and I'd love to know why it's...couth?

I kinda wish the recent phantom variant I bought was actually a ghost variant....This thread made me realize that they are different, and as I'm pretty knowledgeable about comics I wonder how many people have made the same mistake to the profit of Larry and the detriment of those buyers...

Why would the phantom variant book you just bought be any different from a Ghost Variant book?

They're two different programs. But you still hold a wildly_fanciful_statement modern variant in your hands.

I don't like the demographic situation of the Phantom program. but I still think Larry does a great job promoting it and coming out with some great titles.

I really do think that if you guys went through Larry to buy phantoms and not through an phantom program retailer you might see how nice and accommodating Larry is. 2c

I hear that.

The Program is almost a year old.

I'm not opening any new accounts in existing territories, but realize fans need outlets at cover price.

I just added a few shops:

Zapp Comics, NJ (2)

Samuraii, Comics, AZ (3)

Bazinga Comics, TX

Black Cat Comics, UT

I'll have a Phantom shop in every state by 2014.

There's NOBODY working harder at fairly expanding a shared retailer variant program than me.

I was more referring to how you have two Canadian stores and they are both in a very unpopulated part of Canada, in the same province.

Calgary shouldn't be a surprise. All those oil workers are using $100 bills for bookmarks in their comics.

But yeah, the lack of a presence in eastern Canada is puzzling.

Unity_1_Animated_v4.gif

Early details...

Buy the Blanks in participating shops & sketch them.

Each shop will pick a winner.

Those winners will compete for the grand prize.

Valiant will be providing:

-Prize pack for each participating store (signed books, t-shirts, variants, ect) for us to use however we want. I think each store should chose a winner.

-Social Media blast for each participating store telling fans that you have the Phantom cover. Tweet them @valiantcomics

-Posting participating art on our valiantcomics.tumblr.com page

-Highlighting those pieces on our social media on Fan Art Friday

-Grand prize: One on One portfolio review for the winner with Executive Editor Warren Simons via Skype or phone.