• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old 1970s art-for-sale ads posted on CAF

15 posts in this topic

Good morning! Over the past several years I have tried to assemble an archive of old art-for-sale ads. I do this to torture myself, but also because it is good to know what art still exists and has been made available in the past. My collection of art-for-sale ad scans has grown due to the kindness of other collectors such as Glen Gold and Jeff Sharpe.

I just posted some of the oldest ads in the archive, which were sent to me by Glen and Jeff, to my CAF gallery:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=70452

If any of you have old catalogs or ads that you would like to contribute to the archive, please let me know. And enjoy (if you can) the scans I just posted. Best regards, Lee

You should post mine from 1981 where I sold the double page splash to X-Men Annual 3 for the princely sum of $200. I believe board member aardvark88 bought it and still has it.

Also in that ad was a whole bunch of Adams Deadman pages.

You should post mine from 1981 where I sold the double page splash to X-Men Annual 3 for the princely sum of $200. I believe board member aardvark88 bought it and still has it.

Also in that ad was a whole bunch of Adams Deadman pages.

Hi FlyingDonut! I don't think I have your ad. If you still have a copy of it, send it my way. I'd love to post it. And if aardvark88 is out there, I would pay at least $400 for the X-Men Annual 3 double-page splash. That is truly a thing of beauty. Best, Lee

I'm so glad you finally posted the Ron Graham ad. Ever since I first stumbled across that thing, I wanted to share it with the world. I still can't tell if he was entirely serious or if he was just trying to drive people insane.

1981 where I sold the double page splash to X-Men Annual 3 for the princely sum of $200. I believe board member aardvark88 bought it.

Donut,

I was so poor back then working at Dairy Queen on the weekends, I could only afford to trade you a crate of nm Perez NTT, Miller DD, and assorted "hot" comics of the day for that G Perez/Austin dbl page splash from X-men Ann # 3. Sold it 3 years later to a USA collector.

Any interest in this OA? :frustrated: You will not be able to sleep tonight: :pullhair:

xmen94OA.jpg

1981 where I sold the double page splash to X-Men Annual 3 for the princely sum of $200. I believe board member aardvark88 bought it.

Donut,

I was so poor back then working at Dairy Queen on the weekends, I could only afford to trade you a crate of nm Perez NTT, Miller DD, and assorted "hot" comics of the day for that G Perez/Austin dbl page splash from X-men Ann # 3. Sold it 3 years later to a USA collector.

Any interest in this OA? :frustrated: You will not be able to sleep tonight: :pullhair:

xmen94OA.jpg

I remember that ad. What do you think the price for it would be now, $200K? doh!