• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Variant

171 posts in this topic

Why are supposedly grown men buying My Little Pony?

Is it an updated version by Frank Miller?

:popcorn:

I need to know. I might be missing out on something.

Grant Morrison?

It seems that popular, Stan Lee must be writing it.

Why are supposedly grown men buying My Little Pony?

Is it an updated version by Frank Miller?

:popcorn:

I need to know. I might be missing out on something.

Grant Morrison?

It seems that popular, Stan Lee must be writing it.

This is not based on the fluff My Little Pony most people remember. Lauren Faust (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Faust) headed the remake. She is also responsible for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (which is awesome) and worked on Powerpuff Girls (which is also awesome). I have yet to watch an episode, but based on the credentials of the people working on it and what I have been told, it is much more sophisticated and clever.

I have not seen the comic either, but I imagine the comic has the same people involved. So, joke all you want because all you know about My Little Ponies is some crappy 80's cartoon marketed to 8-year-old girls, but the fact is there are a lot of people into this now. And Bronies are some serious fans. (I had to look all this up last year when I heard about how well the tv series was doing)

I think we can all agree that this is not the place to be slagging off the ghost variant while promoting the phantom variant. That is surely for the Phatom variant thread, no?

Or even go as far to say that this is almost selling spam,and as such maybe a thread could be started in the selling forum.

One could say that posting an unreleased book, telling the price and location,was,in fact 'selling'.

2c

The Ghost variant paper stock on My Little Pony is certainly inferior to my shop's exclusive.

( One of my guys got one of their guys shipment today )

https://twitter.com/JetpackComics/status/273521306140557312/photo/1

I negotiated a nice cover stock, You would think the ComicsPro fellows could have done THAT for their customers.

IDW also gave me a fifth ink/spot varnish & sparkles.

http://telly.com/2BXRH

The Ghost MLP is the least attractive of ALL the exclusives.

( & I'm a huge Andy Park fan )

Arrrrrg! I spent the whole Thanksgiving weekend watching MLP...with my kid. I now know more about the Ponies than I do the upcoming fiscal cliff and I more pissed I missed the mini Larry/Jetpack than the coming financial blackhole!

Ponies negate all bad news, but yea you def missed the best cover. Welcome to the best fanbase.

Here in the Ghost variant thread.

It was mentioned that they have a My Little Pony variant out this week.

I do too & posted some pertinent information.

Dead balls on topic.

:signfunny:

Why's it funny?

I genuinely don't understand (shrug)

I can't be aimed at me as I am on ignore - and I have made a personal promise to stay out of the variant argument from now on.

You should un-ignore Larry to see why it's funny - it's pretty self-evident...

He's got ME on ignore!