• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Hate Getting Scammed!

36 posts in this topic

It always seems to happen when you get an item below market, that the seller decides not to send it out. I won the following auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2124186627

No comics, reply from seller, no emails, no nothing. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't felt guilty and included a nice tip to cover the "EBay Deal Guilt". I've never counted my self as a sucker, but this time I was. I sent a scammer EXTRA MONEY.. grin.gif

I mention this because I've been emailed by many others who apparently also got taken, and his feedback is starting to show the ones that are at the end of their ropes:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=j-rat13

I expect it to get worse before it gets better for Mr. "Soon to be Unregistered". I've had this actually happen 3 times before (a good seller gone suddenly bad) but each time I was lucky enough to receive my books before the sh*t hit the fan.

I've had a similar situation 2 times, but never sent the money.

One time there was some guy selling a good amount of CGC books with fair BIN prices. Of course I used the BIN, but I then felt a little skeptical, so I then went ahead & asked him if he would supply me with the CGC serial # since it was going to be mine anyways. Of course he threw a tantrum and all the other jazz. That immediately threw up a red light for me, so I never sent payment. The following week, he was slammed with 5 negatives & 8 neutrals!!! Patience is great laugh.gif

CI, I remember that auction vividly. I was very upset I missed the end as I had intended to snipe it. I guess someone was looking out for me that day rather than punishing me. Sorry to here about the negative experience. I actually got scans of the books and they looked like solid NM copies.

Yep, those issues were definitely nice, and like I said, I paid the guy extra because I had intended on paying more. That's the real biter, as even EBay scammers should only take you for the original purchase amount. grin.gif

And it's not the money, but the principal of the thing. I have some of the Punisher LS in NM+, but as I thought I had already completed the run, I let some other choice auctions pass right on by. Now I'm back at Square One and feel like throttling that guy.

Just to set the record straight, this transaction ended July 28, I sent payment soon after and then the seller virtually disappeared. I have recently received eail from the seller stating undisclosed circumstances that caused his EBay shipments to be heavily delayed.

And Bingo, I hit the mail this morning and what do I find? My package of Punisher LS comics....

That's why I didn't post Negative feedback before, as there's always the germ of a chance something actually did happen to the seller. I still had a 2% hope of getting the books, although the other 98% was certainly bet on scam. grin.gif

Just to set the record straight, this transaction ended July 28, I sent payment soon after and then the seller virtually disappeared. I have recently received eail from the seller stating undisclosed circumstances that caused his EBay shipments to be heavily delayed.

And Bingo, I hit the mail this morning and what do I find? My package of Punisher LS comics....

That's why I didn't post Negative feedback before, as there's always the germ of a chance something actually did happen to the seller. I still had a 2% hope of getting the books, although the other 98% was certainly bet on scam. grin.gif

Glad you got the books.

Glad you got the books.

Slow day? Bumped an eight year old thread?

Just catching up on stuff I missed.

Hmm...do you think you could possibly post in every thread? That would be boardie bragging rights. BUTM hit on every topic!

Most investors hate getting scammed. Especially comic investors.

:eyeroll:

:gossip: it was the great market crash of '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10

That why he stopped investing and started preaching.

:preach: