• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World War Z Trailer

71 posts in this topic

While this may be the first zombie film that actually captures an truly apocalyptic atmosphere, I'm just not sold yet on the frenetic pace & all the outrageous, over the top action.

Now, in the novel was there a cause for the outbreak given?

Probably a moot point though because judging by everyone's comments the movie doesn't appear to have followed the book at all, so they may have come up with their own explanation. Which, makes me wonder if perhaps they're going with the live, "rage-zombies" approach rather than with the walking dead.

That would explain all the hyperactivity on display in the trailer anyhow.

Otherwise, I just don't know how easy it will be to buy the dead somehow becoming Olympic caliber athletes...

It's been a long time since I read the book but I remember something about Chinese military experiments and an outbreak they covered up until it was too late to prevent the spread.

As for the Dead becoming "Olympic Athletes", as I posted in another thread in reference to their ability to bite through flesh and seeming to be very strong, the thing that limits human endurance most is pain. The brain sends impulses to stop you from running or jumping or lifting something beyond your limits. Take away the pain impulses, stop the brain from stopping you and you will run until your legs break or until muscles pull away from bone.

1. I saw the trailer tonight...it looked terrible. I didn't even see any Zombies because they moved so fast. They looked acted like a cross between the stupid killer ants from Indiana Jones 4 and the stupid ghost army from Return of the King.

2. If they don't feel pain and are moving that fast then would not be moving much after a short time as all their muscles would tear away and bones be broken. Zombies moving fast are no zombies and are less of a threat than deranged humans.

1. Agreed on the zombies...this looks like a quick teaser and they are hiding the zombies until they get the effects down.

2. Yep, aside from the fact that they don't breath, don't have a heartbeat, have no circulation, and thus can't aspirate the blood in their veins to keep their muscles from failing to flex and relax, and thus would not be able to move....if they somehow found a way to move it would not be for long.

Deranged Humans...such as 28 days later...far more dangerous. First of all because they could exist whereas the undead cannot, but also because their only weakness was that they didn't eat and thus starved to death within a couple of months or died of dehydration within a few days.

To the people complaining about zombies "moving too fast", you know that zombies aren't real right? It's like saying vampires shouldn't eat garlic.

p.s. Vampires aren't real either :gossip:

What about garlic? :ohnoez:

To the people complaining about zombies "moving too fast", you know that zombies aren't real right? It's like saying vampires shouldn't eat garlic.

p.s. Vampires aren't real either :gossip:

Bet ya the Flash is faster than the Zombies! :sumo:

What about Flash VS. Brad Pitt Zombie Movie Flash?

I thought it looked very cool. And I'm much more frightened of fast zombies than slow zombies.

I thought it looked very cool. And I'm much more frightened of fast zombies than slow zombies.

It certainly looks big budget, which is nice to see for the genre.

In terms of frightening, my scale is:

1) slow zombies

2) fast zombies

3) fast flying zombies

4) Oprah zombies (fast or slow, flying or land based...it makes little difference)

1. I wouldnt judge a movies SFX based on their first trailer. Studios are notorious for releasing these trailers with "not-final" CGI and other effects.

2. In an era of Walking Dead, and other "ground level" zombie shows/movies, I'm very interested in a Zombie movie where we get a good "global" level view of the event.

3. Slow moving zombies work when they can stumble upon you and you aren't well armed. In an action movie where your stars are the military with all the tech to take them out from a distance, fast moving zombie waves are much more of a realized threat. It also creates a great visual that is not just a retread of the last 40 years of Zombie movies. IM on board.

I'm onboard.

1. I wouldnt judge a movies SFX based on their first trailer. Studios are notorious for releasing these trailers with "not-final" CGI and other effects.

2. In an era of Walking Dead, and other "ground level" zombie shows/movies, I'm very interested in a Zombie movie where we get a good "global" level view of the event.

3. Slow moving zombies work when they can stumble upon you and you aren't well armed. In an action movie where your stars are the military with all the tech to take them out from a distance, fast moving zombie waves are much more of a realized threat. It also creates a great visual that is not just a retread of the last 40 years of Zombie movies. IM on board.

I'm onboard.

Wow, that was a crazy preview.

I agree with fast moving zombies, that's the only way for a zombie apocalypse to work, the military would be able to stop any sort of "walking dead" zombie apocalypse pretty quick by just running them over with tanks and an almost endless supply of ammo for head shots by well placed snipers.

Fast moving zombies would be the only way for society to collapse.

This feels more of like a Crossed comic than the Walking Dead.

In terms of frightening, my scale is:

1) slow zombies

2) fast zombies

3) fast flying zombies

4) Oprah zombies (fast or slow, flying or land based...it makes little difference)

Excellent information (thumbs u

Been looking forward to this for awhile. It doesn't matter to me if they are slow or fast, I always enjoy a good zombie flick.

But that's not World War Z! :sumo:

Nothing about that trailer matches the book at all. It's got new characters and appears to be a straight forward story about 1 guy instead of several survivor's stories. If the main theme is gone, why call it WWZ at all???

They must think the title WWZ is well known enough to get more people to go see the movie. Seems like they wasted money buying the rights to the name to make something completely different. I would have gone to see it regardless if it was WWZ or another title. 2c

If the main theme is gone, why call it WWZ at all???

Because paying for the rights just to use that name is awesome. I mean, World War Z? Serious props to the guy who came up with that and was smart enough to develop and trademark it.

Because paying for the rights just to use that name is awesome. I mean, World War Z? Serious props to the guy who came up with that and was smart enough to develop and trademark it.

Mel Brooks' and Ann Bancroft's son....Max

Mel Brooks' and Ann Bancroft's son....Max

It's good to be the king!

I'm onboard.

These aren't even fast Zombies. They are light speed zombies. They create at least a 50 foot tall wall of zombies by climbing over each other in less than 1 second. It looks very stupid. I think too many people currently have zombie hard ons due to the Walking Dead TV show.

I'm onboard.

Wow, that was a crazy preview.

I agree with fast moving zombies, that's the only way for a zombie apocalypse to work, the military would be able to stop any sort of "walking dead" zombie apocalypse pretty quick by just running them over with tanks and an almost endless supply of ammo for head shots by well placed snipers.

Fast moving zombies would be the only way for society to collapse.

This feels more of like a Crossed comic than the Walking Dead.

Not at all. Everyone always seems to forget in most Zombie based stories you become a Zombie by either being bit OR dieing. That means unless you live alone you are always in danger from someone dieing of natural causes and being reanimated before people even know their is a threat amongst them. Back when I read the Walking Dead I always thought a good way to kill Dale would have been for him to die of a heart attack in his sleep and then start eating Andrea while she slept.