• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat 1 or AF 15?

102 posts in this topic

If the book is going to stay slabbed, I'd go for the Bats. You only know that the tape is there by the label. The book presents beautfully.

If the PQ on the AF was OW or better, I might lean towards it.

Buy the book you would like the most to have in your collection.

I'd take the Spidey every time. For multiple reasons...

1. 1st App Spidey trumps 1st Joker/Catwoman

2. 6.5 crushes 2.5, especially if tape is the only thing that's holding a cover on.

3. 1st App Spidey.

and

4. 1 App Spidey.

Like it or not, Spidey is the #1 superhero. Bats is a close second. Yes, in the grand scheme of things, Supes is the "most important", but Spidey is the most popular. He's the tops with the general public.

The only reason Action #1 and Tec #27 enjoy such a large spread vs AF #15 is the 20+yr age difference.

I'd take the Spidey every time. For multiple reasons...

1. 1st App Spidey trumps 1st Joker/Catwoman

2. 6.5 crushes 2.5, especially if tape is the only thing that's holding a cover on.

3. 1st App Spidey.

and

4. 1 App Spidey.

Like it or not, Spidey is the #1 superhero. Bats is a close second. Yes, in the grand scheme of things, Supes is the "most important", but Spidey is the most popular. He's the tops with the general public.

The only reason Action #1 and Tec #27 enjoy such a large spread vs AF #15 is the 20+yr age difference.

1st app spidey, nuff said

Batman 1 is no brainer.

There were enough AF 15's at NYCC to fill a long box. Bat 1's? MAYBE a dozen.

My point exactly. Opportunities for a blue label Batman 1 at this price point with this eye appeal are going to be few and far between. It could be years. Mid grade AF 15's with no chipping? There will be other copies. Probably next week - certainly next month.

One other consideration though is price. I expect the Batman 1 to end up considerably more expensive. It will probably go over 30K. The AF 15 would set a record at 25K

Batman 1 is no brainer.

There were enough AF 15's at NYCC to fill a long box. Bat 1's? MAYBE a dozen.

My point exactly. Opportunities for a blue label Batman 1 at this price point with this eye appeal are going to be few and far between. It could be years. Mid grade AF 15's with no chipping? There will be other copies. Probably next week - certainly next month.

One other consideration though is price. I expect the Batman 1 to end up considerably more expensive. It will probably go over 30K. The AF 15 would set a record at 25K

GPA:

(1) $21,438Hi

(4) $26,290Hi $20,100Lo

[font:Arial Black]Nov-15-2011 $26,290 Cert# 0915727001[/font]

Sep-14-2011 $23,750 Cert# 1037116001

Aug-22-2011 $20,100 Cert# 0072005003

May-05-2011 $21,510 Cert# 0914767001

[font:Arial Black](1) $25,000Hi[/font]

(1) $20,315Hi

(2) $24,766Hi $10,350Lo

If u could only have 1 of the following, which would u choose?:

Batman 1, CGC blue 2.5, cover totally reattached with tape, otherwise very nice eye appeal

Or

AF 15, CGC blue 6.5, crow, NO Marvel chipping, excellent eye appeal

AF 15

That tape would really turn me off.

Tape isn't considered resto by CGC or Overstreet.

Taping a cover back onto a comic to get a higher blue label book is just wrong and should received the PLOD.

it would if archival tape is used instead of scotch tape...which is weird, tape is tape..

I'd take the 2.5 Bat 1 and then buy a cheaper, chip free 3.0 AF 15...if you have the $35k to get a 2.5 Bat 1, then a few grand more get you an AF15 :) those are my favorite single characters from DC and Marvel :)