• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When does the 43rd OSG come out?

22 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when do the new editions normally get published? I've been putting off buying the 42nd for far too long. I'm concerned that, if I buy it today, the 43rd will come out the tomorrow.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone prefer the electronic version of the guide? I personally feel the E-version should be cheaper and/or included with the purchase of a new guide. But, since it is not either, I must choose one or the other.

So, I just went to the SD Con site and the date for the next one is Thursday-Sunday, July 18-21, 2013. So, at 9 months out, I think I'm safe to get the 42nd OSG.

Any opinions of the practicality of using an E-version over paper? (collectible assumptions aside...)

I got the digital version a few years ago and didn't like the fact I could only use it on one computer.

I would have loved to put it on my Macbook as well to take on the road with me, or even on the iPad (as it's a PDF file) but I installed it on my home-PC and was stuck using it there.

So, I just went to the SD Con site and the date for the next one is Thursday-Sunday, July 18-21, 2013. So, at 9 months out, I think I'm safe to get the 42nd OSG.

Any opinions of the practicality of using an E-version over paper? (collectible assumptions aside...)

I got the digital version a few years ago and didn't like the fact I could only use it on one computer.

I would have loved to put it on my Macbook as well to take on the road with me, or even on the iPad (as it's a PDF file) but I installed it on my home-PC and was stuck using it there.

+1 I ordered it once a few years ago and once i realized I was stuck with it on my desktop, that's all she wrote. Back to the paper tome.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when do the new editions normally get published? I've been putting off buying the 42nd for far too long. I'm concerned that, if I buy it today, the 43rd will come out the tomorrow.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone prefer the electronic version of the guide? I personally feel the E-version should be cheaper and/or included with the purchase of a new guide. But, since it is not either, I must choose one or the other.

Do you really need to start a thread to answer this question?

Really?

How's the arse-wiping going, or do you need help with that, too? (shrug)

In this age of (more-or-less) real-time pricing data available from multiple on-line sources, I'm not sure why anybody buys the damn thing at all. But if you must use it (and unless you need it by your side year-round), I suggest you do what I do: borrow it from your local public library for up to 3-weeks at a time. It's a standard reference work in most U.S. libraries...

Really?

What in the world is this all about? I am not around here very often lately, so maybe I am missing something?

Really?

I love ya Nick, but that career in diplomacy just isn't going to happen... :foryou:

lol

Really?

I love ya Nick, but that career in diplomacy just isn't going to happen... :foryou:

lol

One of my lifelong regrets... :(

Really?

I'm sorry to have offended you with my new thread. Perhaps I should have posted some pictures of breasts that you could add to your sig line. You seem to need the company... Hey, at least you got to add two more posts to your count. ;)

Anyway, thanks everyone (else) for the normal, well-meaning replies.

Really?

lol

One of my lifelong regrets... :(

I can't believe you haven't gone to bed before I've got to work lol

Really?

I'm sorry to have offended you with my new thread. Perhaps I should have posted some pictures of breasts that you could add to your sig line. You seem to need the company... Hey, at least you got to add two more posts to your count. ;)

Anyway, thanks everyone (else) for the normal, well-meaning replies.

I've been wondering about that myself, what exactly is the point of small pics of scantily clad women in a sig? Perpetuating the comic fan boy stereo type? An unnessiscary hindrance to everyone who likes to look at these forums at work?

Turn sig lines off if you don't like them.

Fair enough, but I love looking at some people's sigs roulette44 being a perfect example in this thread! Amazing collection right there!

In the end each to their own!

Really?

Says the guy who's started 44 threads in six weeks. :roflmao:

In this age of (more-or-less) real-time pricing data available from multiple on-line sources, I'm not sure why anybody buys the damn thing at all. But if you must use it (and unless you need it by your side year-round), I suggest you do what I do: borrow it from your local public library for up to 3-weeks at a time. It's a standard reference work in most U.S. libraries...

Yeah, but I'm a "collector" and I have OSPG 2-up so I buy it when it comes out to keep the set of price guides complete except for the #1.