• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Have you seen It Might Get Loud? Not studio related but worth watching.

Yeah, I saw it when it first came out.

The Edge's pedal board is incredible. He's one of the few guys that can actually call up his effects accurately and repeatedly without problems.

The Edge's pedal board is incredible. He's one of the few guys that can actually call up his effects accurately and repeatedly without problems.

I know what your talking about and was unable to pull a clip.

This kinda bugged me.

This kinda bugged me.

Yeah, he's heavily into delay and other tricks.

I don't mind that once in awhile, like David Gilmour's "Blue Light," but it's pretty much Edge's signature sound and I get a little tired of it sometimes.

I'm just amazed he can process the signal that much through all those racks and pedals and still be able to call up the sound he's looking for repeatedly. Most guitarists can't, and it becomes the number one studio time waster; or they can't replicate the sound live.

This kinda bugged me.

Yeah, he's heavily into delay and other tricks.

I don't mind that once in awhile, like David Gilmour's "Blue Light," but it's pretty much Edge's signature sound and I get a little tired of it sometimes.

I'm just amazed he can process the signal that much through all those racks and pedals and still be able to call up the sound he's looking for repeatedly. Most guitarists can't, and it becomes the number one studio time waster; or they can't replicate the sound live.

Here's a deleted scene where you can see all his gear.

You can get a real sense of his delay when he's playing Pride.

Did anyone else see this temporary thread from CGC in CG?

Evidently, the encapsulation and grading of covers and pages using the new designations of CVR (cover) and PG (page) starts 11/17. Anything more than one cover or one wrap would continue to receive the standard NG grade.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

Definitely.

Or a Watchman spin-off.

That is from the Common Grounds series - which was originally the Holey Crullers self-published comic. I am probably the biggest fanboy of these stories ever. They always had a Twilight Zone/ Outer Limits twist to the stories. I LOVED them. I still have two complete sets of the originally published pamphlet-style comics.

Troy Hickman wrote a lot of really good stories like this!

Definitely.

Or a Watchman spin-off.

That is from the Common Grounds series - which was originally the Holey Crullers self-published comic. I am probably the biggest fanboy of these stories ever. They always had a Twilight Zone/ Outer Limits twist to the stories. I LOVED them. I still have two complete sets of the originally published pamphlet-style comics.

Dangit. Now I want to collect them.

Do you have any pics?

Definitely.

Or a Watchman spin-off.

Dangit. Now I want to collect them.

Do you have any pics?

Not in my photobucket, but (wonder of wonders) I think I know where they are. I will try to get some pics tonight.