• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

I've always preferred coffee to tea. I used a cafetiere and ground coffee for a number of years and then, all of a sudden, I couldn't be arsed anymore and went back to supermarket instant. The brand I use doesn't have the subtlety, flavour or aroma notes of a more sophisticated blend, but it's cheap and pretty good, actually - and still contains caffeine, most importantly.

:cloud9: coffee

cutcaster-photo-100362015-Cartoon-toilet.jpg

The percolatin' gets things percolatin'

For some reason, all this reminds me of that Two and a Half Men episode where Charlie's girlfriend swallows his engagement ring and she's forced to use coffee and a metal colander to 'recover' the ring in the bathroom.

I've always preferred coffee to tea. I used a cafetiere and ground coffee for a number of years and then, all of a sudden, I couldn't be arsed anymore and went back to supermarket instant. The brand I use doesn't have the subtlety, flavour or aroma notes of a more sophisticated blend, but it's cheap and pretty good, actually - and still contains caffeine, most importantly.

I grew up drinking crappy coffee. We didn't know any better. Then, European coffee ruined me. Now I'm forced to roast, grind and drip the coffee myself since I can't find any American coffee houses that do it correctly. I've also tried every coffee bean offered on the market; but, unfortunately, by the time they hit the shelves they are completely oxidized and are unusable.

In a pinch, I'll drink anything. But I loves me some good coffee. The cup I'm sipping now has a mouth feel (viscosity) and chocolate undertones that can't be purchased in the U.S.

I've become a total coffee snob. :cry:

This has been really good.

Tup - If you haven't seen this, I think you'd like it. I've only watched the first two episodes, but there's a ton of punk origin material in it. Good stuff.

The Foo Fighters are the sound of my late 90's.

In a pinch, I'll drink anything. But I loves me some good coffee. The cup I'm sipping now has a mouth feel (viscosity) and chocolate undertones that can't be purchased in the U.S.

The only coffee I remember having that tasted chocolatey was an Indonesian blend.

Tup - If you haven't seen this, I think you'd like it. I've only watched the first two episodes, but there's a ton of punk origin material in it. Good stuff.

I have mixed feelings about Foo Fighters. I respect the band members, but I've never really been a big fan of their music. Grohl is a fantastic drummer, but when he came out from behind the kit...I don't know...writing, singing and guitar playing are not his strong points IMO.

The only coffee I remember having that tasted chocolatey was an Indonesian blend.

Yeah, it's rare. Turns out, it's the first casualty of oxidation. There's about a 5-7 day window after roasting before the beans lose their taste and develop off-flavors. And, evidently, vacuum sealing won't prevent it, since there is enough oxygen trapped within the bean to cause it. This is what drove me to roast my own beans. By the time beans make it to the shelves at the supermarket or coffee shop, they're already past their due date and taste nasty.

I have mixed feelings about Foo Fighters. I respect the band members, but I've never really been a big fan of their music. Grohl is a fantastic drummer, but when he came out from behind the kit...I don't know...writing, singing and guitar playing are not his strong points IMO.

It's like I don't know who you are anymore.

It's like I don't know who you are anymore.

Are you a Foo fan? Sorry if I stepped on some toes. :)

I grew up drinking crappy coffee. We didn't know any better. Then, European coffee ruined me. Now I'm forced to roast, grind and drip the coffee myself since I can't find any American coffee houses that do it correctly. I've also tried every coffee bean offered on the market; but, unfortunately, by the time they hit the shelves they are completely oxidized and are unusable.

I love the smell of coffee.

I have always hated the taste.

Posting that you are a coffee snob after discussing the viscosity of coffee is redundant.

Snob.

Posting that you are a coffee snob after discussing the viscosity of coffee is redundant.

Snob.

:banana:

Snob.

My wife says the same thing. Smells great. Tastes like mess

When I hear this song, I can tell you exactly where I was, and what I was doing, feeling, and thinking.

I'm 25, the future is unclear, but I'm young and have my whole life ahead of me.