• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Maybe I need to try re-loading it or something.

The vindaloo is a good idea...I'll try that first.

The Ramones thought it was a great idea(second line in the song).

Also on e on the first songs I ever learned.(upside down lefty to boot.)

Edited by porcupine48

Foodies Corner - Homemade Yogurt

This is the book that first got me into making my own yogurt.

4vkp5oq.jpg

2VAmZYx.jpg

trFb2T1.jpg

I soon learned to incorporate a cooler into the recipe to keep the bacteria in the zone.  The bacteria that create yogurt are only active within certain temperature ranges. Proteins are broken down into amino acids, and they are time/temp-dependent. I get by using a calibrated thermometer, and the cooler is used to maintain that temp so the bacteria can do their job. Too hot, you kill the desired bacteria...too low, bad bacteria can take hold and ruin it.

There are a gazillion reasons to make your own,  possibly even a quad-gazillion, or even a mega-quad-gazillion...no one is really sure.

One BIG reason is health concerns.  Read this...

Commercial Yogurt Won’t Do Squat for Your Health

So why am I posting this right here, right now?  Because I'm getting a new toy in a few days.  :whee:  Stay tuned!  

on Neflix I watched "The Last Laugh" I recommend it

there are 2 things I truly love watching

Comedians talking about comedy (especially if they are telling jokes vs doing stand up) and Musicians talking about other musicans/music

I find both discussions fascinating

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

on Neflix I watched "The Last Laugh" I recommend it

there are 2 things I truly love watching

Comedians talking about comedy (especially if they are telling jokes vs doing stand up) and Musicians talking about other musicans/music

I find both discussions fascinating

I love watching/reading Sammy Hagar complain about Van Halen.  So funny.

Which "The Last Laugh," 2016 or 2018?

I've been watching I'm Dying Up Here and Crashing.  Not documentaries, but they're really good if you like shows about stand-up.

6 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I love watching/reading Sammy Hagar complain about Van Halen.  So funny.

Which "The Last Laugh," 2016 or 2018?

I've been watching I'm Dying Up Here and Crashing.  Not documentaries, but they're really good if you like shows about stand-up.

there should be a rule, if you discuss a movie or tv show a video trailer is required*

*does not have to be the trailer to the movie/show :D 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

there should be a rule, if you discuss a movie or tv show a video trailer is required*

*does not have to be the trailer to the movie/show :D 

Yeah, I saw it.  It's very good.

I noticed that Season 2 of The History of Comedy is out now.  I'll be watching that when I get a chance.

On 7/24/2018 at 7:04 AM, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Foodies Corner - Homemade Yogurt

This is the book that first got me into making my own yogurt.

4vkp5oq.jpg

2VAmZYx.jpg

trFb2T1.jpg

I soon learned to incorporate a cooler into the recipe to keep the bacteria in the zone.  The bacteria that create yogurt are only active within certain temperature ranges. Proteins are broken down into amino acids, and they are time/temp-dependent. I get by using a calibrated thermometer, and the cooler is used to maintain that temp so the bacteria can do their job. Too hot, you kill the desired bacteria...too low, bad bacteria can take hold and ruin it.

There are a gazillion reasons to make your own,  possibly even a quad-gazillion, or even a mega-quad-gazillion...no one is really sure.

One BIG reason is health concerns.  Read this...

Commercial Yogurt Won’t Do Squat for Your Health

So why am I posting this right here, right now?  Because I'm getting a new toy in a few days.  :whee:  Stay tuned!  

The wheels are in motion.  :grin:

IdXATeA.jpg

sz7sGXs.jpg

"Live & Active"  Very important.  :preach:

83eRet3.jpg

Will I get my toy today? 

Stay tuned to this Ditch Channel.  :busy:

28 minutes ago, Rune said:

Is that ... Norwegian? hm My Viking-sense just started tingling :cool:

Yes.  Mom spoke it fluently.  I don't remember many phrases.  That one basically just translates to "I don't understand."

I forget...are you Danish?

Just now, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Yes.  Mom spoke it fluently.  I don't remember many phrases.  That one basically just translates to "I don't understand."

I forget...are you Danish?

Yes, but I prefer to speak English with Norwegians and Swedes - although it feels kinda weird :-) Good to know some Vikings did make it beyond Greenland (thumbsu