• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
10 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

We need more players.  :)

Kind of do...

Morning boys. I was expecting pages and pages to have whizzed by. Not sure what everyone is doing, but whatever they're doing, they're not doing it here. 

Thanks for trying Ditch. 

10 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

not sure why but I found those people annoying

I think maybe, like me, your Spidey Senses were tingling.

Could be wrong, but I'm just not buying it...I think it was completely staged.

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:
17 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
17 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Kind of do...

Morning boys. I was expecting pages and pages to have whizzed by. Not sure what everyone is doing, but whatever they're doing, they're not doing it here. 

Thanks for trying Ditch. 

I haven't been around for awhile, so I'm not sure if it's the pandemic or the social media sites that are siphoning people away, but CG is dead compared to what it used to be. 

I remember when a thread would roll off the first page in an hour or so.  

Just now, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
17 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Kind of do...

Thanks for trying Ditch. 

I haven't been around for awhile, so I'm not sure if it's the pandemic or the social media sites that are siphoning people away, but CG is dead compared to what it used to be. 

A lot of people have as you said "been away", they pop in say this and leave again lol

Make of that what you want, but there are boardies who post all the time and a rolling established boardies that come for a bit :(

There are plenty still that just read and have no need to post though, and it's been that way since the boards changed over to the new format late 2016

On 3/24/2020 at 5:12 PM, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
On 3/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
On 3/23/2020 at 8:47 AM, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

This Madonna video is being laughed at this morning. lol 

She deleted it.  :D

Luckily someone saved it.  :)

David Spade was goofin' on her recently.  Pretty funny. :) 

I like his show 'Lights Out' by the way.  Just discovered it recently.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
6 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
18 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Kind of do...

Thanks for trying Ditch. 

A lot of people have as you said "been away", they pop in say this and leave again lol

Make of that what you want, but there are boardies who post all the time and a rolling established boardies that come for a bit :(

There are plenty still that just read and have no need to post though, and it's been that way since the boards changed over to the new format late 2016

It's probably partially due to the new format...people really hate change.  But that format change coincided with the huge explosion of social media comic book sites, so it's probably difficult to determine the influence of each.  I've seen web-site based forums take BIG hits to their activity levels in other non-comic areas that I'm involved with.  

31 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
46 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:
18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Kind of do...

Thanks for trying Ditch. 

It's probably partially due to the new format...people really hate change.  But that format change coincided with the huge explosion of social media comic book sites, so it's probably difficult to determine the influence of each.  I've seen web-site based forums take BIG hits to their activity levels in other non-comic areas that I'm involved with.  

Yeah the Golden Age of the boards was probably 3 to 5 years ago.  That's when there were so many people on that messages would scroll off a page in hours instead of days.  When a Friday thread could get to dozens of pages before Friday was half over.

3 minutes ago, thunsicker said:
36 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
48 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
51 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Kind of do...

Thanks for trying Ditch. 

Yeah the Golden Age of the boards was probably 3 to 5 years ago.  That's when there were so many people on that messages would scroll off a page in hours instead of days.  When a Friday thread could get to dozens of pages before Friday was half over.

I'm glad you mention the time frame of 3-5 years, I like to think of inclusion, though I joined late 2016. I remember how hard it was to load pics that I was so thankful for the newer board software, that I didn't think too much of any exodus.....

I was around maybe 6 months before I joined as a casual reader, then felt I wanted to be a part of the community so I joined. That is why my CGC "registry joined date" is 2015 lol 

But it was a lot busier time then, it was good in a lot of ways, some ways I've grown used to now that it doesn't seem too bad a change; except, the foot traffic is way down .....

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
30 minutes ago, thunsicker said:
1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
19 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
19 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Kind of do...

Thanks for trying Ditch. 

I'm glad you mention the time frame of 3-5 years, I like to think of inclusion, though I joined late 2016. I remember how hard it was to load pics that I was so thankful for the newer board software, that I didn't think too much of any exodus.....

I was around maybe 6 months before I joined as a casual reader, then felt I wanted to be a part of the community so I joined. That is why my CGC "registry joined date" is 2015 lol 

But it was a lot busier time then, it was good in a lot of ways, some ways I've grown used to now that it doesn't seem too bad a change; except, the foot traffic is way down .....

It was definitely busy in 2015.  I started a discussion thread on the "New Forum" before the conversion and it went to 26 pages. :)

The "New Forum" Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I think maybe, like me, your Spidey Senses were tingling.

Could be wrong, but I'm just not buying it...I think it was completely staged.

the part that annoys me is that they are blissfully ignorant that some of the items in that safe weren't worthless. The one comment about them being 40 cent comics stood out-- as I wonder what she would have said if it was a 10 cent Action 1. Also- they practically go out of their way to damage what is in the safe.

Edited by 01TheDude