• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiceX reviews the new Amazing Spider-Man movie...

202 posts in this topic

Gwen Stacy = Ravishing

I'm going to see it now.

I would tell you not to watch it but it's actually almost worth watching just to be smitten by Gwen. :luhv:

To cap off the Spider-Man movie, I did a double feature and rented Prometheus. Counting the free rental, both movies cost me $1.25.

After watching Prometheus I feel like I was ripped off. I couldn't have been more disappointed in it.

I'm going to go slit my wrists now.

To cap off the Spider-Man movie, I did a double feature and rented Prometheus. Counting the free rental, both movies cost me $1.25.

After watching Prometheus I feel like I was ripped off. I couldn't have been more disappointed in it.

Just stop watching movies; apparently there's no pleasing perfectionists like you :baiting:

I know. I've talked smack about this movie since they began making it. I didn't care anything about paying money to see it in the theater, so I waited until it came out at the Redbox.

A few days ago Redbox mailed me a free movie code, so I figured the timing was right.

I inserted the DVD with a little anticipation. I had heard several people say they liked it even better than the original Spidey movies. I decided not to pop any popcorn because A: I don't have any popcorn and B: I'm on day 5 of the South Beach Diet and I can't eat it anyway. So much for the popcorn.

The DVD started and I hunted around for my remote because it's one of those that plays movie trailers before taking you to the menu. I hate those. Found the remote and hit the menu button because I can't watch the movie until I get to the menu. I hit the play button and got ready to be amazed by the Amazing Spider-Man, because...it's in the name. I was anticipating something Amazing.

After the movie ended, I reflected for a few moments on what I liked and didn't like about it.

I liked: The web shooters, Gwen :luhv: and...I'm sure there was something else. Maybe. Oh yeah, the first true Spidey scene when he was talking smack to the thugs as he was toying around with them. That was Spidey to me. In that one scene they captured it better than the Toby movies.

I hated: Everything else. The movie in general. The costume is atrocious, I can't express how horrible that costume is. The Lizard. Yeah, pretty much everything else.

The little charm they gave him in that first Spidey scene was good but they never caught that magic again for the rest of the film. Everything was dark like a Twilight movie. I was expecting Peter to sparkle in the sunlight except I don't recall any sunlight in the movie. Perhaps they're saving that for Amazing Spider-Man 2.

There was no connection. I didn't connect personally with anyone in this movie. I didn't even care anything about Uncle Ben. Hell, I kept praying for someone to hurry up and shoot him. I was hoping they're pull a two-fer and bust a cap in Sally Fields, too.

My summary.

Web shooters = Good

Gwen Stacy = Ravishing

Movie = Sucks

DiceX = Correct as usual

Why am I not surprised by your review DiceX? :roflmao:

Just stop watching movies; apparently there's no pleasing perfectionists like you :baiting:
Did you see Prometheus?

The characters actions and motivations don't make much sense.

Did you see Prometheus?

Yeah. I facepalmed at the whole "Now that you've all woken up from your cryogenic slumber, let me explain who we are and why you're here" thing that they were starting off with.

It never got any better.

PS, Sterling, kiss my . :foryou:

Did you see Prometheus?

Hopefully not the cheek Stan signed. Don't want to ruin that.

Did you see Prometheus?

Yeah. I facepalmed at the whole "Now that you've all woken up from your cryogenic slumber, let me explain who we are and why you're here" thing that they were starting off with.

It never got any better.

lol

Did you see Prometheus?

I love seeing fans trying to rationalize the movie. I like the fact that it's a thinking movie, but there were way too many wtf moments for me. I was just hazing Dicey.

Did you see Prometheus?

I love seeing fans trying to rationalize the movie. I like the fact that it's a thinking movie, but there were way too many wtf moments for me. I was just hazing Dicey.

That just means you don't "get it". :screwy: