• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiceX reviews the new Amazing Spider-Man movie...

202 posts in this topic

Dice, what superhero films have you enjoyed?

The best...

Iron Man

Avengers

Dark Knight

X-Men First Class

Watchmen

Superman I and II

Spider Man I and II

Kickass

Blade

The Crow

The Rocketeer

Hell, I even loved Flash Gordon and Howard the Duck.

Amazing Spider-Man sucked.

Nice list Dicey :)

Interesting list. I never thought of The Crow as a superhero film though.

Well, it was comic related so I threw it in.

I also liked the Hellboy movies.

+1 The Hellboy movies were great.

What about Constantine?

I've still never seen Constantine, nor have I seen V for Vendetta. :eek:

I actually liked V for Vendetta--I think you would enjoy it. It's not the common banter I see usually.

Constantine - though a different take on the character - was really a cool film, and V For Vendetta was also quite enjoyable.

And like it has been stated many times before, Peter Stormare stole the show when he finally appeared as Lucifer in Constantine. It made this movie worth watching!

And Gabriel getting the smackdown was a fantastic scene as well.

And like it has been stated many times before, Peter Stormare stole the show when he finally appeared as Lucifer in Constantine. It made this movie worth watching!

Yup, when he was dragging Constatine off at the end while whistling, was a hoot to watch. It wasn't done because of duty (like Thomas Jane to John Travolta at the end of The Punisher), but a playful victory waiting for the "catch". The film could have lost all credibility right there, but it rang true with Stormare's way of doing the character.

What about Constantine?

I actually liked V for Vendetta--I think you would enjoy it. It's not the common banter I see usually.

V was fantastic. I had not yet read the book when I saw the movie and for me the movie was emotional and climactic. It was an epic romance with lots of great action, is how I'd describe it.

What about Constantine?

V was fantastic. I had not yet read the book when I saw the movie and for me the movie was emotional and climactic. It was an epic romance with lots of great action, is how I'd describe it.

Loved Constantine - most people don't.

Didn't like V - most people do.

Dice, what superhero films have you enjoyed?

The best...

Iron Man

Avengers

Dark Knight

X-Men First Class

Watchmen

Superman I and II

Spider Man I and II

Kickass

Blade

The Crow

The Rocketeer

Hell, I even loved Flash Gordon and Howard the Duck.

Amazing Spider-Man sucked.

Not a bad list at all. Personally, I would move Blade and Kickass above the Spiderman movies.

I watched ASM last night and thought it was good, but nowhere near great. As has been stated, too many missed opportunities on humour.

The Amazing Spider-man was really bad.

It's been posted before, but if you need a entertaining reminder of how bad this movie sucks:

And sorry, Dice - I gotta disagree. Emma Stone looks like she can count to potato. She's patently unattractive.

It's been posted before, but if you need a entertaining reminder of how bad this movie sucks:

And sorry, Dice - I gotta disagree. Emma Stone looks like she can count to potato. She's patently unattractive.

She's not a super-fox, but she's gotta thang goin' on.

I liked her in Zombieland and Easy A.

when-someone-wont-stop-talking-to-you.gif

Hey don't blame me - I'm just happy that another film came along that people think is worse than Sucker Punch. And I should clarify:

I didn't dislike the movie because Emma Stone was unnattractive. I disliked it because it sucked really bad, and her screen presence made a really bad film much worse. It's just easy to pick on her because - well, she looks like that. I know, it's a cheap shot.

I've seen better acting on TV soap operas - and I agree with several people here, these movies are pretty much worth banning unless Marvel is putting them out.

Hey don't blame me - I'm just happy that another film came along that people think is worse than Sucker Punch. And I should clarify:

I didn't dislike the movie because Emma Stone was unnattractive. I disliked it because it sucked really bad, and her screen presence made a really bad film much worse. It's just easy to pick on her because - well, she looks like that. I know, it's a cheap shot.

I've seen better acting on TV soap operas - and I agree with several people here, these movies are pretty much worth banning unless Marvel is putting them out.

tumblr_mczua1ySDm1r6v4m2o1_500.jpg

but nowhere near as hot as the Gwen in Spidey 3. :luhv:

I know she doesn't get the credit but a truer word has never been spoken. :thumbsup:

Jim

For everyone's comparison:

emma-stone-talks-the-amazing-spider-man-s-gwen-stacy-interview-106018-470-75.jpg

Howard_in_Spider-Man_3.jpg

Instead of the muddled mess we got in SM3, I would have liked to have seen the third film (if Maguire and Dunst were going to be done after then) feature only Harry as the Hobgoblin (seeking revenge for his father's death) and following somewhat of the classic ASM #121-122 story, with Mary Jane/Dunst with comic Gwen's fate and the movie Gwen/Howard taking the comic's Mary Jane role -- it would have, IMO, been an interesting reversal of the comic's dynamic while still staying somewhat true to the source material. Then, Dunst would have been written out, you still could have recast Spidey, and you could have kept the rest of the supporting cast that actually did work well (particularly J.K. Simmons as JJJ). That, and a new director (whether it was the studio or Raimi's fault for the problems with SM3, it would have been better to get a new touch), and the franchise would have retained the good that had preceded it while still moving forward.

As huge a Spidey fan as I am, the current film was the first Spider-Man film I didn't see in the theater, as I thought retelling the origin was going to be pointless and I hate the idea of constant reboots in cinema as much as I do in comics themselves. I was going to give it a fair chance on DVD, but the comments I've read aren't giving me much optimism that it's different what what I feared. :(

Yes, Bryce Dallas-Howard is much more attractive than bug-eyed Emma Stone. :headbang:

They are both very pretty ladies.

Emma fits the demographic and age group of the actors in this film. Bryce would not have worked for this film.

Emma Stone is 24, Bryce is 31.

Garfield is 29, Tobey is 37.

In the movie world, Tobey would be able to play Garfield's father. lol

We've got to keep it apples to apples, Which early 20's actress would have made a better Gwen?

Yes, Bryce Dallas-Howard is much more attractive than bug-eyed Emma Stone. :headbang:

Oh and if these are bug eyes...I would have become an Entomologist LONG ago.

gwen-stacy-emma-stone-6-12-10-kc.jpg