• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiceX reviews the new Amazing Spider-Man movie...

202 posts in this topic

Yes, Bryce Dallas-Howard is much more attractive than bug-eyed Emma Stone. :headbang:

Oh and if these are bug eyes...I would have become an Entomologist LONG ago.

gwen-stacy-emma-stone-6-12-10-kc.jpg

You and all your "facts" - should have considered the legal profession, mister smarty pants.

Yes, Bryce Dallas-Howard is much more attractive than bug-eyed Emma Stone. :headbang:

Oh and if these are bug eyes...I would have become an Entomologist LONG ago.

Bug eyes. Whatever she has, I'll take an order to go. :luhv:

Going past looks, Emma Stone has a built in late teen-young adult audience from her supporting roles in Superbad to Zombieland. Plus, 'acting' credibility with The Help, so she's more than paid her dues to anchor a popcorn movie to not rely on fanboy's judgemental comments on her beauty.

I really hate reading this stuff. Jennifer Lawrence is fat. Amanda Seyfried has bug eyes. Anne Hathaway... Truth is these uniquely attractive actresses add their own distinct beauty to their own movies. They all can't look like Jessica Biel or Liv Tyler in every movie, or every movie we would get would be The Ledge or Next. :sick:

Going past looks, Emma Stone has a built in late teen-young adult audience from her supporting roles in Superbad to Zombieland. Plus, 'acting' credibility with The Help, so she's more than paid her dues to anchor a popcorn movie to not rely on fanboy's judgemental comments on her beauty.

I really hate reading this stuff. Jennifer Lawrence is fat. Amanda Seyfried has bug eyes. Anne Hathaway... Truth is these uniquely attractive actresses add their own distinct beauty to their own movies. They all can't look like Jessica Biel or Liv Tyler.

It's not all about her looks. She sucks as an actress, and it's easier to get on her for that. I wouldn't give any grief to a fat, bug-eyed actress if she could act. Emma Stone looks like she's reading cue cards, and is totally awkward in her delivery.

I really hate reading this stuff. Jennifer Lawrence is fat. Amanda Seyfried has bug eyes. Anne Hathaway... Truth is these uniquely attractive actresses add their own distinct beauty to their own movies. They all can't look like Jessica Biel or Liv Tyler.

It's not all about her looks. She sucks as an actress, and it's easier to get on her for that. I wouldn't give any grief to a fat, bug-eyed actress if she could act. Emma Stone looks like she's reading cue cards, and is totally awkward in her delivery.

Granted I hated both her appearances on SNL, but I like how she works her a55 off in genre stuff (she held her own quite nicely against the mini acting dynamo Abigail Breslin in Zombieland and was willing to get screen punched in the face in Superbad). Not to mention not become the worst actor in an ensemble The Help or headline the gem Easy A. She's paying her acting dues in my book and worthy of some acclaim considering other current starlet's career trajectories (not a lot of co-stars from The House Bunny are gonna have as remarkable bodies of works as Emma will).

Granted I hated both her appearances on SNL, but I like how she works her a55 off in genre stuff (she held her own quite nicely against the mini acting dynamo Abigail Breslin in Zombieland and was willing to get screen punched in the face in Superbad). Not to mention not become the worst actor in an ensemble The Help or headline the gem Easy A. She's paying her acting dues in my book and worthy of some acclaim considering other current starlet's career trajectories (not a lot of co-stars from The House Bunny are gonna have as remarkable bodies of works as Emma will).

It's interesting - Comix's comments about finding another 20-something actor made me go look at others, and there really isn't anyone that is standout in terms of acting. I think a lot of 20-somethings might be struggling to be known - and they aren't getting challenging roles.

Emma Stone's best known performances were opposite two really horrible actors. The Michael Cera-wannabe Jesse Eisenberg and A-Andrew G-G-G-Garfield. That wasn't helping her, either.

Dice, what superhero films have you enjoyed?

The best...

Iron Man

Avengers

Dark Knight

X-Men First Class

Watchmen

Superman I and II

Spider Man I and II

Kickass

Blade

The Crow

The Rocketeer

Hell, I even loved Flash Gordon and Howard the Duck.

Amazing Spider-Man sucked.

Nice list Dicey :)

Interesting list. I never thought of The Crow as a superhero film though.

Well, it was comic related so I threw it in.

I also liked the Hellboy movies.

+1 The Hellboy movies were great.

Ok I agree with KickAss and I only watched the Avengers for Thanos otherwise I would not have seen it. But I did enjoy it more than I excepted to. I also liked A league of extraordinary gentlemen.

Other than that all of the comic movies have sucked! My bother would not take me to another spiderman movie if his life depended on it. I booed during spiderman 2. :)

It's interesting - Comix's comments about finding another 20-something actor made me go look at others, and there really isn't anyone that is standout in terms of acting. I think a lot of 20-somethings might be struggling to be known - and they aren't getting challenging roles.

Emma Stone's best known performances were opposite two really horrible actors. The Michael Cera-wannabe Jesse Eisenberg and A-Andrew G-G-G-Garfield. That wasn't helping her, either.

- Jennifer Lawrence is 22. She already has an Oscar nomination from two years ago and she's considered to be the frontrunner this year.

- Anne Hathaway turned 30 today (happy birthday, Anne :applause:) and she's had plenty of interesting roles in the last few years. She's also considered to be a frontrunner for this year's Supporting Actress Oscar (though no one's seen Les Miz yet).

- Michelle Williams is 32 but she had many interesting roles and award nominations in the last 7-8 years or so.

- Keira Knightley is 27 and she's no slouch either, in terms of awards and recognition.

- Scarlet Johannson is 28. She's a mega star.

- Kristen Stewart is 22. She's a pretty horrid actress (IMHO), but she's definitely a recognizable star.

- Natalie Portman is 31, and she spent the last decade gathering up awards and accolades.

- Carey Mulligan is 27. She's already has an Oscar nomination and numerous other awards and nods under her belt.

There's also Emily Blunt, Helen Page, Evan Rachel Wood, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emma Watson, Mia Wasikowksa, and some others I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

The current situation for young actresses in Hollywood is actually much better than it was ten or twenty years ago. :grin:

And I'd argue that one of Emma Stone's best known performances was in last year's The Help, where she was pretty good (though not spectacular) opposite very good actresses like Viola Davis, Sissy Spacek, Jessica Chastain, Octavia Spencer and Allison Janney.

- Jennifer Lawrence is 22. She already has an Oscar nomination from two years ago and she's considered to be the frontrunner this year.

- Anne Hathaway turned 30 today (happy birthday, Anne :applause:) and she's had plenty of interesting roles in the last few years. She's also considered to be a frontrunner for this year's Supporting Actress Oscar (though no one's seen Les Miz yet).

- Michelle Williams is 32 but she had many interesting roles and award nominations in the last 7-8 years or so.

- Keira Knightley is 27 and she's no slouch either, in terms of awards and recognition.

- Scarlet Johannson is 28. She's a mega star.

- Kristen Stewart is 22. She's a pretty horrid actress (IMHO), but she's definitely a recognizable star.

- Natalie Portman is 31, and she spent the last decade gathering up awards and accolades.

- Carey Mulligan is 27. She's already has an Oscar nomination and numerous other awards and nods under her belt.

There's also Emily Blunt, Helen Page, Evan Rachel Wood, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emma Watson, Mia Wasikowksa, and some others I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

The current situation for young actresses in Hollywood is actually much better than it was ten or twenty years ago. :grin:

And I'd argue that one of Emma Stone's best known performances was in last year's The Help, where she was pretty good (though not spectacular) opposite very good actresses like Viola Davis, Sissy Spacek, Jessica Chastain, Octavia Spencer and Allison Janney.

:gossip: Early 20's is what I said. So I fixed your apples to match my oranges.

With only a one year head start they made, what, 8 Harry Potter movies; keeping the young, unknown cast together with older established quality actors, mixed with new quality actors in each movie, and created an entertaining and hugely successful franchise.

Spider-man has stories that've been around for decades longer and endured the test of time. The first 150 issues are probably the best consecutive run of any comic in history, filled with drama, tragedy, action, humor, colorful villians, pretty girls, and memorable supporting cast members.

Everything is there you could possibly need to have done the same thing.

It's too bad they didn't have the foresight and means to really make this a special franchise.

She must have attended the Lindsay Lohan School of Hard Living. She'll be a shoe-in for the Joan Rivers biopic by the time she's 30. :baiting:

I liked the movie. Most of you don't have souls.

I liked it too. Didn't mind it as much as I thought I would have.

I'll be watching it tonight for what I think is the 3rd time - my youngest has a crush on Andrew Garfield.

lol

For talent, my favorite 20-something female actor is Mae Whitman.

At 24, she has more talent in her pinky than the rest of these starlets will ever have combined.

lol I'm actually skimming through Boogeyman 2 right now. A budget DVD I bought during Halloween.

She's awesome.

She really shines on Parenthood (along with everyone else).

I liked the movie. Most of you don't have souls.

I liked it too. Didn't mind it as much as I thought I would have.

I'll be watching it tonight for what I think is the 3rd time - my youngest has a crush on Andrew Garfield.

lol

Watched it twice this weekend. I really liked it too. I really enjoyed the cast, the film's pace and almost lack of explosions.

She must have attended the Lindsay Lohan School of Hard Living. She'll be a shoe-in for the Joan Rivers biopic by the time she's 30. :baiting:

You for someone who works in the graphic arts I figured being able to see clearly would be important, go figure. (shrug)

For talent, my favorite 20-something female actor is Mae Whitman.

At 24, she has more talent in her pinky than the rest of these starlets will ever have combined.

lol I'm actually skimming through Boogeyman 2 right now. A budget DVD I bought during Halloween.

She's awesome.

She really shines on Parenthood (along with everyone else).

I think my favorite 20-something actress is Alice Kremelberg (22) - she had an amazing episode on Fringe, and really has been under-utilized. It will be great if she get a large role, because she's got some talent.