• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

All markets eventually reach an equilibrium. By definition money is made when the market is not in equilibrium , correct? A dealer or reseller is in business to make money. By definition they must take advantage of the discrepancies in order to achieve that (and make no mistake i am not talking about manipulation etc , but through hard work). Buyers , by definition pay a premium (profit) for the ability to purchase a product they are otherwise unable to obtain/produce themselves

The more savy the buyer the better purchase they can make (and gpa is one tool a buyer can use). But there is nothing that entitles a buyer to a fair market...they must help create one.

Our market dictates what is FMv and what is not. Dishonest or manipulative sellers can alter a d affect the market but a correction generally (and quickly ) takes place.

See, you have your fair share of "textbook elucidation" as well. :grin:

im old lol

I got my bsba in finance an economics so long ago I practically could have been a dinner guest of keyne lol

Nothing makes me happier than discussing market dynamics of comics with someone who can articulate economic principles and reference Keyne!

Nerd plus Nerd = Nerdvana!

im glad you appreciate that. I am credited with some "insight" on a macro Econ book my professor mark rush wrote back in the 80s.. He told me I was his favorite t.a. But he might have just been sweet on me hehe

That is awesome, do you remember the title?

It was an Accompaning study guide to his Econ book (I think 2023 ...might have even been a micro class)... Essential study guide...honestly haven't given it any thought in almost 30 years

Some of the solutions used in the book were by yours truly and I got a blip of credit, $8 an hour and the right to handle his office hours (even taught a class or two back in the day)

Good story either way, thanks for sharing

I did some TA work myself, made only slightly more money and never got any credit!

I wonder if I had invested everything I earned into the market at the time, if I would have enough money to buy a mid-grade AF15...?

Probably not! meh

Ya' know I had never thought of the solution proposed earlier in this thread:

paying some of the more educated dealers consultation fees for potential purchases/sales. In this day and age with scans readily available for raws, pictures exchanged with a few clicks....and of course slabs a plenty......it's very likely that a purchaser could maintain some degree of privacy between the seller and themself and at the same time get a heads up if required from one of the more prominent dealers that makes it their business to be informed. So if one were using the GPA as a general tool for public data, yet there was some rather large discrepancy regarding a new purchase or a purchase that was not well represented by prior recent sales.....it's quite possible someone like G.A.tor or Brock, Joey or Roy.....etc. could be paid a fee to assist you in making informed decisions of said purchase or sale.

I'm sure not everyone would be open to that, but quite possibly someone would.

It makes the service worthwhile for the less educated and it makes it monetarily feasible for these reputable dealers to share their knowledge outside of the GPA.

I charge for my advice, but not in comics :)

This GPA argument should be moved to CG probably, unless you feel the dead horse has been sufficiently pulverized.

Tsk tsk I want to get back to my favorite silver age dc book!!! Back to BB28!!

.....it's quite possible someone like G.A.tor or Brock, Joey or Roy.....etc. could be paid a fee to assist you in making informed decisions of said purchase or sale.

I find myself honored to be in great company...well, maybe not Roy :devil:

:cry:

I charge for my advice....

I must be getting one hell of a deal then :banana:

Bravo! Mine too bud!

Mine three!

now sell me yours :devil:

.....it's quite possible someone like G.A.tor or Brock, Joey or Roy.....etc. could be paid a fee to assist you in making informed decisions of said purchase or sale.

I find myself honored to be in great company...well, maybe not Roy :devil:

:cry:

I was wondering if you'd read that :D

:roflmao:

Ditto (thumbs u

B&B #28 is destined to continue to rise if people enjoy Man of Steel as much as I did at last nights preview. If this is any indication, Warner threw down the gauntlet last night. Maybe coincidental, but on comicconnect DC SA auction prices seemed to be quite strong last night. Most of the books I wanted went out of range.

I think that's a pretty good deal for the JLA1 8.0 (didn't look at the book though).

What did the BB29 cgc 7.0 finish at, anyone know I wanted to upgrade my (6.5) but wasn't going over $1,000 for it.

As an aside, if anyone knows how you look at the books you've bid on in CConnect auctions after they've ended, i'd love to have that information too :sorry:

Just log in and on the left hand side is a column with links to your bids, watched items etc.

If you want to see auction results, use the links on the top of the home page.

I think that's a pretty good deal for the JLA1 8.0 (didn't look at the book though).

What did the BB29 cgc 7.0 finish at, anyone know I wanted to upgrade my (6.5) but wasn't going over $1,000 for it.

As an aside, if anyone knows how you look at the books you've bid on in CConnect auctions after they've ended, i'd love to have that information too :sorry:

$1130

I charge for my advice....

I must be getting one hell of a deal then :banana:

Bravo! Mine too bud!

Mine three!

now sell me yours :devil:

I've actually pulled it from eBay and have decided to keep it for a while. Unless prices get crazy, it won't be sold.