• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

A 5.0 sold for $2500?
cc said he bid 2500+ 19.5 bp...so sounds like 2988 (shrug)

Correct...it sold for right under $3k. I really didn't want to push it up that high but got caught up bidding. Luckily someone else thought it was worth it too.

I think $3k is a very strong price for this book in 5.0.

Poor Brock - always a bridesmaid, never a bride :baiting:

Happily a bridesmaid in this situation.

And honestly, I figured it was you I was bidding up

No 8.5s on the GPA to compare with....but if OSPG says it's at $13K, the bids are already up at $21.5K with more than 3 days left to bid.....I'd not be shocked to see 25-30K.

There's only 4 8.5s on the census and only 9 in higher grade mostly residing in the 9.0 tier (1 9.4 and 1 9.2 with 7 9.0s)...

So I actually wouldn't be surprised if the numbers eclipsed my prediction a few lines ago.

If they don't now, they will be in the upcoming months & years for sure...

Definitely alot of momentum IMO.

It's pretty funny....the reviews I read on the boards were pretty excellent. As soon as I jump on Yahoo, they're already tearing into the Supes movie...citing that "it's too serious"....."It's not the superman in red tights with telephone booths we know and love"......yada, yada, yada.

Meanwhile when that loathsome Iron Man 3 movie hit the screens it was flush with glowing reviews. I thought it was utter trash and I do love Marvel movies generally as well as the characters.

Alot of fanboys here reiterated the disgust with the thin plot line and many holes of the recent Marvel offering.

If you asked me it seems like the media that offers reviews appears to favor Marvel for whatever reason and is out to deliberately denegrate all of the DC upcoming flicks. I've heard nothing but bad speculation about a JLA movie from most and even before there were trailers available for Supes there were naysayers.

For me, I resonate with this material in the same way the true fan base does. I love seeing the evolution of the character and whereas I do love the original Christopher Reeve movies....to expect that this would be an updated carbon copy is utterly ridiculous to strive for.

Is Disney pulling the strings here with all these reviews? How much spin control do they have over these online media outlets like Yahoo?

It's just too linearly predictable and too coincidental that every Marvel is a + and every DC is a -.....I just don't buy it.

It's all about personal judgements and reviews as everyone has their own opinion on movies. If you personally like the movie than great, if not than of well. Whether this movie was rated a 1 star or 5 stars, because its a hero movie I will see it anyways.

I agree about rising above the mud, as well as personal reviews. It's just hard to say that the reviews aren't related to some sort of media spin agenda.

There have been such overwhelmingly bad reviews way in advance of the movie whilst the opposite had occurred for the Marvel flicks which were in some cases well below par.

It's hard to imagine that there's not some degree of negative high-level orchestration.

In spite of those "bad" reviews, if you read them closely enough they're digging for ammo AND they're having a hard time justifying their bad reviews....a great example is the unfair and unwanted comparison to prior Superman movies.....and criticizing the current movie for not injecting enough humor or having too much realism.

I say it's about time for a "realistic" (as much as that is possible) take on Superman. I did enjoy the prior installments, but that's the product of a bygone era.

Either way I'm psyched to see it. I can't remember the last time I actually wanted to go to the theatre and watch anything as much.

I remember loving the first Superman movie in 1978, but even at 13-years-old, I was disappointed that the filmmakers surrounded Lex with brainless minions. Lex from the comics simply wouldn't do that.

I've been waiting a long time for a more serious Superman movie.

True, those movies all had a goofy side to them. Different times. TBH the Hackman / Luther and Valerie Perrine are my least favorites aspects of that movie.