• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

What is everyone's opinion about the low grade book values?

Historically, the high grades experience greater price swings, but the low grade books seem to experience less variation.

Where do you see the value of BB28 2.0-4.0 or JL1 2.0-4.0 heading?

Up

Helpful. Let me be more specific. Based on your experience/opinions, do lower grade books see similar lifts as higher grade books (relatively speaking)?

Does their value hold better over time or not (again, relatively speaking)?

From what I have been able to tell, higher grade books experience larger variability in pricing while lower grades seem to be a steadier climb or decline.

Edited by rfoiii

Up

Helpful. Let me be more specific. Based on your experience/opinions, do lower grade books see similar lifts as higher grade books (relatively speaking)?

Does their value hold better over-timer or not (again, relatively speaking)?

From what I have been able to tell, higher grade books experience larger variability in pricing while lower grades seem to be a steadier climb or decline.

From my experience, I think you see more volatility in higher graded (more $) books then lower graded.

Lower will have price swings too, and possibly a larger % swing, just smaller $ swings. You have to keep in mind that there are more copies of lower graded books so the masses can be appeased, at least for a while.

Up

Does their value hold better over-timer or not (again, relatively speaking)?

From my experience, I think you see more volatility in higher graded (more $) books then lower graded.

Lower will have price swings too, and possibly a larger % swing, just smaller $ swings. You have to keep in mind that there are more copies of lower graded books so the masses can be appeased, at least for a while.

Thank you, that is consistent with what I have observed and what I think (dangerous around this parts :o ) would make sense (even more dangerous :ohnoez: ).

However, if I had the capital I would probably invest in a mix of both low and high grade books (and save the mid graded ones for my personal collection). Keep lower grade "price of entry books" with steadier profit to sustain the business and keep higher grade books to capitalize on swing trends.

Which is clearly an interesting approach because then I would apparently be buying all copies (low, mid and high)! Which sounds eerily familiar for some reason...

However, if I had the capital I would probably invest in a mix of both low and high grade books (and save the mid graded ones for my personal collection). Keep lower grade "price of entry books" with steadier profit to sustain the business and keep higher grade books to capitalize on swing trends.

Which is clearly an interesting approach because then I would apparently be buying all copies (low, mid and high)! Which sounds eerily familiar for some reason...

Getting a lot tougher to invest in a mix of books....when the next sale is 25% higher than the last.

If you can find them..then smart money says buy them.

Getting a lot tougher to invest in a mix of books....when the next sale is 25% higher than the last.

If you can find them..then smart money says buy them.

Says the dealer to the eager buyer!

Happy to, want to make me a bulk deal on some low-grade Silver keys?

On a side note - I got myself a copy of BB28. Justice League move or not: love it, keeping it, probably buying another!

On a side note - I got myself a copy of BB28. Justice League move or not: love it, keeping it, probably buying another!

I know that...it came from me!

:grin: (thumbs u

Still looking for more books, I am sure I will reach out soon!

I know that...it came from me!

:grin: (thumbs u

Still looking for more books, I am sure I will reach out soon!

Won't get the 6.0 unless crazy money came my way! as for others, they're available :)

Saw the Supes movie......left with a smile on my face. I know DC/WB definitely hit it out of the park with this movie. It's not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but I can see the writing on the wall even clearer now......we're on a collision course for a JLA movie like it or not....and I'm ecstatic.

Forget BB28 for a second, I'm just uber happy because I've waited since childhood to see these iconic characters come to the big screen and tonight I saw that dream take the first concrete step into reality.

There's 100% no doubt in my mind that the movie will fully crystalize into the spectacle I've expected it to become after seeing the new Superman.

DC/WB has been tight lipped for good reasons and they didn't really hold back on this production.

Now, back to BB28.....as Sinistar has been loath to say: "Beware....I live".

sinistar.gif

Saw the Supes movie......left with a smile on my face. I know DC/WB definitely hit it out of the park with this movie. It's not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but I can see the writing on the wall even clearer now......we're on a collision course for a JLA movie like it or not....and I'm ecstatic.

Forget BB28 for a second, I'm just uber happy because I've waited since childhood to see these iconic characters come to the big screen and tonight I saw that dream take the first concrete step into reality.

There's 100% no doubt in my mind that the movie will fully crystalize into the spectacle I've expected it to become after seeing the new Superman.

DC/WB has been tight lipped for good reasons and they didn't really hold back on this production.

sinistar.gif

"Run Coward"

sinistar.gif

"Run Coward"

I HUNGER!!! :)

sinistar.gif

I agree.

Posted my review in CG as well