• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

In addition, it has long been developing a "Justice League" team-up movie featuring characters such as the Flash and Wonder Woman that could come out as soon as 2015.

This should be listed in ebay details for BB28 and JLA1!

Not sure you're gonna find as many of them for awhile....some folks already yanked their listings as per preciptous increase in pricing. There may be no telling what the ceiling is on this....so folks may not be willing to leave $ on the table.

Then again I'm sure there'll be a few going for the gusto with big ticket #s...

I pulled mine....had a crazy # out there...but didn't want to sell it!

9.8 AF15 might. I agree that BB28 is coming into its own. gee, they guy who sold it must be feeling a twinge he lost interest in comics a few years too early.

No regrets at all. I've never had any regrets about the price I sold any particular book at if I was happy with the price at the time I sold it, even if the book ended up appreciating significantly afterwards. I have regretted selling some books because I really liked the book, but not because I didn't squeeze every last penny out of it. The reality of the comic book market during most of the history of comic collecting has been that virtually any book sold would be much more valuable 10-15 years later, so if I couldn't bear the idea of leaving money on the table, I would've been frozen into inaction from the time I started collecting in the mid-1970s. I definitely wouldn't have been able to cash in my SA Marvel collection to help finance my SA DC acquisitions.

The gains on that one book alone would have outweigh all losses on the others.

What losses? (shrug)

but I really think 300K is wayyy to high an estimate. Being the sole 9.4 IS a very strong X factor, though

Although I'm no longer an active buyer in the market, I'd like to think that I still know most of the high end SA DC players and still know the market pretty well. Based on this knowledge, I think the various euphoric estimates of the value of a 9.4 B&B 28 that have been made in this thread are pretty speculative. I just don't see SA DC collectors throwing crazy money around. The big money emotional/nostalgia- and/or investment-driven buyers are almost exclusively in the SA Marvel or GA space.

Sure, if a JLA movie finally gets made and it has Avengers type success, then maybe all bets are off because the investment-driven buyers might enter the market. But that's still a ways away.

I think the various euphoric estimates of the value of a 9.4 B&B 28 that have been made in this thread are pretty speculative.

Your opinions are appreciated tth2. That said, this IS the BB28 SPECULATION on future pricing thread...lol. I'm sure those won't be the last estimates that are over/under the top. :)

Although in spite of what you've said about the current SA DC buyers, that doesn't mean there won't be future or potential SA DC buyers with the cash and capital to throw around.

There could be some .com nouveau riche enthusiast that just has to have the 9.4 or whatever comes to market at whatever price.

Those unpredictable buyers by definition cannot be accounted for until they surface. I know someone right now that'd probably drop that coin if the opportunity arose.

I think the various euphoric estimates of the value of a 9.4 B&B 28 that have been made in this thread are pretty speculative.

Your opinions are appreciated tth2. That said, this IS the BB28 SPECULATION on future pricing thread...lol. I'm sure those won't be the last estimates that are over/under the top. :)

Although in spite of what you've said about the current SA DC buyers, that doesn't mean there won't be future or potential SA DC buyers with the cash and capital to throw around.

There could be some .com nouveau riche enthusiast that just has to have the 9.4 or whatever comes to market at whatever price.

Those unpredictable buyers by definition cannot be accounted for until they surface. I know someone right now that'd probably drop that coin if the opportunity arose.

How many of the people who are spouting these numbers are actually Silver DC collectors and not re-sellers ? Seems hard to tell most times.

There could indeed, but my experience is that these guys tend to be overwhelmingly Marvel guys, or they go and buy an Action 1 or Detective 27.

I`ve seen it happen over and over during the past 10 years. The first thing these guys do when they start making crazy money is go and buy Spiderman and X-Men because those are the books they coveted when they were kids. For whatever reason, DC titles simply did not emotionally resonate the same way with the kids who are now in their 30s to 50s, with the exception of Batman, and there are no ultra-expensive SA Bat books.

That's true but that's probably because there's over a thousand batman comics. The Golden age of batman is already expensive enough. Imagine if the silver age Batman's became 3x times their price? Wow that would be amazing. But I doubt it would happen. There's also too much supply of Batman silver age going around. Every week there's plenty of detective 359s or bats 121s on eBay. Making only the higher grade copies expensive.

There could indeed, but my experience is that these guys tend to be overwhelmingly Marvel guys, or they go and buy an Action 1 or Detective 27.

I`ve seen it happen over and over during the past 10 years. The first thing these guys do when they start making crazy money is go and buy Spiderman and X-Men because those are the books they coveted when they were kids. For whatever reason, DC titles simply did not emotionally resonate the same way with the kids who are now in their 30s to 50s, with the exception of Batman, and there are no ultra-expensive SA Bat books.

I'm guilty of the same myself: I read about 10x as many Marvel titles as a kid and had many subscriptions. That said, I always knew about Superman and Batman.....and of coure read JLA. It's strange however because I had more DC based toys as a kid: such as this little gem...

lex19.jpg

Wish I had that in the box these days!!!

Had this baby as well: my uber favorite of all time:

fortress1front.jpg

fortress1back.jpg

DC titles simply did not emotionally resonate the same way...

Generally speaking, this is very true and an excellent point.

There are always exceptions, of course - I remember Gary Carter being so passionate about DC's, and he put forth that passion via the Comic Book Marketplace over 20 years ago.

Now at the West Coast shows, I help out at the booths of various dealer friends of mine; the overwhelming majority of attendee interest that I see is shown in Marvel keys.

DC titles simply did not emotionally resonate the same way...

Generally speaking, this is very true and an excellent point.

There are always exceptions, of course - I remember Gary Carter being so passionate about DC's, and he put forth that passion via the Comic Book Marketplace over 20 years ago.

Now at the West Coast shows, I help out at the booths of various dealer friends of mine; the overwhelming majority of attendee interest that I see is shown in Marvel keys.

I loved Gary's title on the BB series in the CBM, "The Relative Rarity of Brave and the Bold."

What about Showcase 22?

Anyone see a come back? Or will it take a meaningful reboot?

I see a comeback. Warner spent millions developing the Green Lantern brand with the movie,animation series, toys and videogames.

If they can reboot Superman,then they can reboot Green Lantern.

Imagine if Goyer,Nolan and Synder got their hands on a new Green Lantern movie?

The sky would be the limit! :cloud9:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

only one owner......

2013-06-16_18-46-25_974_zps6669f1cd.jpg

That looks like some sort of reprint. There's no price on it ? (shrug)

hahaha your too quick. its a DC Direct with the action figure set....

i think its like 1997 or 2001

Almost had a stroke, until I noticed it had no price :tonofbricks:

Should have a warning for people with weak hearts.

I'm guilty of the same myself: I read about 10x as many Marvel titles as a kid and had many subscriptions. That said, I always knew about Superman and Batman.....and of coure read JLA. It's strange however because I had more DC based toys as a kid: such as this little gem...

lex19.jpg

Wish I had that in the box these days!!!

Had this baby as well: my uber favorite of all time:

fortress1front.jpg

fortress1back.jpg

I had this

hojbox.jpg

I use to have my Star Trek figures beam down, and fight the Superfriend action figures.

lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

only one owner......

2013-06-16_18-46-25_974_zps6669f1cd.jpg

That looks like some sort of reprint. There's no price on it ? (shrug)

hahaha your too quick. its a DC Direct with the action figure set....

i think its like 1997 or 2001

Almost had a stroke, until I noticed it had no price :tonofbricks:

Should have a warning for people with weak hearts.

you dont know how many people i show this too and they s-h-i-t their pants at comic cons hahaha i always need a good laugh. original or reprint its a perfect cover :)

Im a foreign key book collector Im searching for a foreign version of BB28 i will pay any amount if it exists......