• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

It's certainly not thousands of dollars above the prior GPA, but it is inching it's way up.

As I might have mentioned before: different demographics of people are interested in different grades typically.

I think the individuals in the market for higher grades are often going to pay more premium prices. Whereas the individuals looking for a 2.0 or a 1.0 or a 3.0, etc. are often not going to be willing to spend as much by virtue of the fact that they may not be able to afford as much.

That's of course just MHO, but I think it applies.

Freaked me out this morning when I started reading the emails generated from this watched thread, I thought I might have won me a Brave & Bold #28. I guess that wasn't a bad price for a 4.0. I thought with the white pages it might go higher, but a new GPA high for the grade isn't too bad.

The price wasn't bad...but it wasn't stellar. I think many people expected to see the final hammer shatter the GPA high, but it did not.

Probably will end up being a bargain at some point...with the white pages and all!

Pardon, it may be me, but wasn't the GPA high in fact surpassed?

(1) $2,076Hi

Aug-04-2013 $2,076 Cert# 0006460011

(6) $1,725Hi $1,130Lo

Nov-28-2012 $1,725 Cert# 1109121005

Jul-15-2012 $1,434 Cert# 0916829004

Jul-08-2012 $1,135 Cert# 0916812005

May-20-2012 $1,158 Cert# 0940578002

May-13-2012 $1,130

BB28 didn't really blow up until June. The previous high from last November is irrelevant.

BB28 didn't really blow up until June. The previous high from last November is irrelevant.

I wouldn't say totally irrelevant b/c some folks had been hunting down BB28 prior to that simply due to the impending release of MOS.

I happen to be one of those folks and I'm sure I'm not the only one. In fact, I started this thread on November 13, 2012. :)

I wouldn't say totally irrelevant b/c some folks had been hunting down BB28 prior to that simply due to the impending release of MOS.

I happen to be one of those folks and I'm sure I'm not the only one. In fact, I started this thread on November 13, 2012. :)

All I meant by irrelevant is that is would have been shocking if the 4.0 didn't sell better than the November sale, but the book has exploded so much in the last few months that even a sale that beats the last GPA data point can be disappointing when compared to more current trends.

All I meant by irrelevant is that is would have been shocking if the 4.0 didn't sell better than the November sale, but the book has exploded so much in the last few months that even a sale that beats the last GPA data point can be disappointing when compared to more current trends.

I getcha. Point taken.

(thumbs u there's a 3.5 on comic link for $1200 with $1100 already bid.

I didn't get what you all were saying, I think now I do, that lots of you "bought it now" but comiclink hadn't confirmed the sale. I didn't take that into account. I assumed because it was not marked sale pending that no one had bid the ask. Oops :blush:

Sparklecity's 6.0 OW is at $5025.00 with 23 bids and about 1 day to go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350847339717?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

GPA is closer to $8000. Anyone want to take the over/under? :grin:

That GPA was farily high. If you add the 3 on the GPA in 2013 together and average (one low, one high, one middle of the road): you get around $6200.00.

I'd like to see it go higher than that and edge towards that $7800 mark, but who knows....

I'm thinking $6500 right now since the last sale in August was $6000.00

It's edged up a bit since posting this a.m....

NEVER understand why folks like to get in those early nickel and dime bids. Especially when you've already bid.

I'll do that sometimes just so I don't forget I've got a dog in the race and I get the eBay notifications....but I'll be damned if I'll keep wratcheting the price up just to get folks into a frenzy and bid against myself.

I've always got a number in my head that's my drop dead price. That won't ever be seen until the 11th hour.

Then I'll drop a house on the witch.

Anyway, it's all good....those 6.0's are still about 2x as much as 2012 even at the lowest end of the spectrum. Anyone that doesn't think that's a good bump is running different math than I.