• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I had like 5 copies of bb28 at show today ranging from 3.5 to 7.5 and not one person looked at or inquired about any.... Sold tta27 and st110 and hulk 181 and xmen 1 and a sc4 etc but not a bite. Multiple folks looked at flash 105 and one of my sc4 s sold at full asking no discount even requested !

Would you disclose the grade and price received for the TTA 27? I'm thinking about one.

I had like 5 copies of bb28 at show today ranging from 3.5 to 7.5 and not one person looked at or inquired about any.... Sold tta27 and st110 and hulk 181 and xmen 1 and a sc4 etc but not a bite. Multiple folks looked at flash 105 and one of my sc4 s sold at full asking no discount even requested !

Yay, Showcase 4. :whee:

Too bad on the BB28. This is one of my top 3 favorite books and I am bummed the prices went up so quickly on the mid-grades with so few sales to show for it. (shrug)

Edited by rfoiii

I have them priced significantly below some current askings but of course, based on my sales a d costs, my asking prices are aggressive. In sd 2 weeks ago bb28 was first book I sold.

Now , today of course, might be diff. And these were all collectors, mind you. No fellow dealers

Would you disclose the grade and price received for the TTA 27? I'm thinking about one.

It was a cgc 4.5. Price was "aggressive"

I might know someone with a beautiful copy who's willing to part with it :whistle:

23f2a5cd-fb7f-48bf-ae37-5b6d2880d3cc.jpg

That sure is purdy. :luhv: I'm sure there's more than a few folks here willing to give it a new home :whistle:

That was a decent price realized last night. I also was a little surprised there was no last gasp bids in the final seconds. But not a bad finish all things considered.

Amazing how prices are for this book considering the movie is not until 3 years from now. Would be interesting how prices would be a year or so from now.

They should be higher just like what happened to Avengers #1 and Showcase #22. The excitement will become a frenzy once they show that first trailer for the Batman/Superman movie and Flash TV show.

;)

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

When they finally release a teaser trailer for JLA then it will boost in price. I think after that it might get a little higher? Depending on the actual trailer and depending if the movie turns out to be good or not. Like green lantern, the movie sucked... Now we see the effect it's having :(

I think it's unlikely that DC/WB makes the same mistake they did with GL. They seem to have a creative team that knows the score and they're building on the positive things they've gleaned from MOS. Of course I'd like to see what they've got cooking for Batman vs. Superman first.

BTW: Didn't I say some folks find pressing highly objectionable a few pages back? Look at the heated debate in that 'when did pressing become the norm' thread if you doubt that for a second.

I might know someone with a beautiful copy who's willing to part with it :whistle:

That sure is purdy. :luhv: I'm sure there's more than a few folks here willing to give it a new home :whistle:

I have it listed on a Dealer's site, but would prefer to sell it to a boardie :baiting:(:

I have it listed on a Dealer's site, but would prefer to sell it to a boardie :baiting:(:

That's good of you to mention - as much as I'd like to help those poor auction houses I'd ratter sell a book to a board member if I can help it and save the buyer the 10% commission.