• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/09/07/plastic-man-rumored-for-justice-league-movie/

"Plastic Man Rumored For Justice League Movie":

While there is rather flimsy evidence to back this rumor up, it’s gaining steam online, probably because it’s just so interesting. According to JoBlo.com, Warner Bros. is rumored to be considering putting Plastic Man in the lineup for the upcoming Justice League movie to provide comic relief.

Now, the very thought of Warner Bros. intentionally trying to add comic relief to a movie will probably make fans cringe at the memory of the forced humor in the Green Lantern movie, but it doesn’t sound like it might necessarily be a bad thing if the rumors of the actor they are considering are true.

For their source, JoBlo.com is citing a message board poster on the Replica Prop Forums, so again this should be taken with a heavy grain of salt. According to the rumor, Warner Bros. is looking at David Tennant for the role. Tennant is best known for playing the tenth doctor in Doctor Who.

The rumor reportedly originated from a couple of Hollywood producers claiming to be involved in the Justice League movie. Plastic Man is reportedly being considered for the Justice League movie as DC’s answer to Ant-Man, who Warner Bros. is said to believe that Marvel will use for comic relief. Of course, it’s still unknown if Ant-Man will ever even be a part of The Avengers, because his introduction doesn’t happen until after the upcoming Avengers sequel.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/09/07/plastic-man-rumored-for-justice-league-movie/

While there is rather flimsy evidence to back this rumor up, it’s gaining steam online, probably because it’s just so interesting. According to JoBlo.com, Warner Bros. is rumored to be considering putting Plastic Man in the lineup for the upcoming Justice League movie to provide comic relief.

Now, the very thought of Warner Bros. intentionally trying to add comic relief to a movie will probably make fans cringe at the memory of the forced humor in the Green Lantern movie, but it doesn’t sound like it might necessarily be a bad thing if the rumors of the actor they are considering are true.

For their source, JoBlo.com is citing a message board poster on the Replica Prop Forums, so again this should be taken with a heavy grain of salt. According to the rumor, Warner Bros. is looking at David Tennant for the role. Tennant is best known for playing the tenth doctor in Doctor Who.

The rumor reportedly originated from a couple of Hollywood producers claiming to be involved in the Justice League movie. Plastic Man is reportedly being considered for the Justice League movie as DC’s answer to Ant-Man, who Warner Bros. is said to believe that Marvel will use for comic relief. Of course, it’s still unknown if Ant-Man will ever even be a part of The Avengers, because his introduction doesn’t happen until after the upcoming Avengers sequel.

BUY BUY BUY !

BUY BUY BUY !

lol. Even if you were inclined to purchase the first appearance of Plastic Man...you'd be hard pressed to find one. They're not what you'd call abundant in any grade.

Although I'm happy to say I've got one in 'good' condition. Plastic man is a fav. of mine....but I don't think there's much veracity to the rumors. If there is, I'd doubt he'd even show up in the first film....it'd simply be too much to process for the audience who may not be familiar with JLA staples like Martian Manhunter and Aquaman.

I think even MM is going to be marginal until a followup film. My take is that they're going to stick with the most famous and the biggest breakout characters:

GL, Flash, WW, Supes, Bats, Cyborg. That's my pick and I'm sticking with it.

The only shake up may be an 'alternative' GL so as to save continuity with prior release.

Honestly the biggest thing I'm surprised about is that there are consistent rumors about a film that's fairly far away from development yet. There's clearly going to be alot of press about the Supes/Bats film, but the JLA will certainly take a back seat in the press room until we're approaching that release at least.

The plastic man #1 from 66 is ultra easy to find. I wouldn't pull the trigger on it though... He's extremely unpopular compared to the other JLA members.

I can't speak to his popularity in print, but I can say that he's had his own animated show (years back), and that he's been reintroduced into the DCAU numerous times (specifically in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold) as well as being a DCAU short targeted for kids on Saturday mornings. I just saw one during Beware the Batman and I've seen him during Teen Titans also.

He plays fairly well to the 'kid' demographic. He appeals to them because he is slapstick-ish and translates into a number of ridiculous situations without difficulty. So would I count him out? Nope, in fact there was alot of talk about him recently as additional DL content for Injustice: Gods Among Us. There's consistent buzz about him and I would never be surprised about his inclusion across the media efforts of WB/DC.

As far as the 66 #1...I guess that would be the most logical jump off point for collectors.....trying to grab the GA 41 #1 is rough. Anytime I see one in decent grade I get my antennae up.

The plastic man #1 from 66 is ultra easy to find. I wouldn't pull the trigger on it though... He's extremely unpopular compared to the other JLA members.

I can't speak to his popularity in print, but I can say that he's had his own animated show (years back), and that he's been reintroduced into the DCAU numerous times (specifically in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold) as well as being a DCAU short targeted for kids on Saturday mornings. I just saw one during Beware the Batman and I've seen him during Teen Titans also.

He plays fairly well to the 'kid' demographic. He appeals to them because he is slapstick-ish and translates into a number of ridiculous situations without difficulty. So would I count him out? Nope, in fact there was alot of talk about him recently as additional DL content for Injustice: Gods Among Us. There's consistent buzz about him and I would never be surprised about his inclusion across the media efforts of WB/DC.

As far as the 66 #1...I guess that would be the most logical jump off point for collectors.....trying to grab the GA 41 #1 is rough. Anytime I see one in decent grade I get my antennae up.

I've been watching DVR recordings of the Beware the Batman series on Saturday, it is really well done. They introduced Metamorpho on the episode a few weeks ago. I wonder if they will bring that character back again. He really works in CGI.

And (I think) that's a good point - characters that have been dormant since the GA are suddenly being brought out in comics and movies - and I think CGI will make it possible for some of the more challenging super heros to portray (before CGI came along) translate well into film.

Very interesting to see which does better...early results are pretty obvious and IMO a bit scary but shows you how a movie can change history:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=521798

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=491847

An 8.5 BB28 sold for $40K in June... SC4 8.0 sold for $25.5 in March...

I heard a rumor yesterday from a friend who works in the movie industry they are considering putting Plastic-man in the JL team. I just searched to see if others knew about this and found this thread.

Personally I don't know Plastic-man but personally I think it is a bad decision for the movie that they are going to put him in. Just think about when Jim Carrey was the joker in batman.. it was a lousy movie and the movie got better and earned a lot more when the tone of the movie was kept more serioes.

Just think about when Jim Carrey was the joker in batman.. it was a lousy movie and the movie got better and earned a lot more when the tone of the movie was kept more serioes.

I liked him even better as the Riddler...but his Joker performance was spectacular. :wink:

Just think about when Jim Carrey was the joker in batman.. it was a lousy movie and the movie got better and earned a lot more when the tone of the movie was kept more serioes.

I liked him even better as the Riddler...but his Joker performance was spectacular. :wink:

lol

Usually I like Jim but that was,as demonstrated, a very forgettable performance ;)

Edited by AlexanderM

I think there is something to this rumor.

I could see Plastic Man being a good seller in action figures!

Avengers had comedy in it, so why not JLA?

I hope the Plastic Man rumors turn out to be true.....I think Tennant would be a great addition to the cast and he'd certainly class things up.

That said, I'm jubilant that the Bieber rumors are unfounded....he was pulling everyone's chain apparently on the heels of the Affleck outrage.

If that little d-bag had been officially cast, I think I would have rolled up on WB with guns blazing. I'm sure it's going to be roller coaster ride of who's cast next so I'm gonna get a -script for Xanax or whatever and keep my self chemically restrained for the time being.

I don't think I could handle an announcement that Miley Cyrus twerked her way into the role of Batgirl.