• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Max Landis, the writer of that 'found footage' superhero movie "Chronicle" was on Reddit discussing various projects of interest in a fan chat forum:

He indicated that he's got a pitch for WB relating to WW and that he'd like to reboot the GL franchise using Kyle Rayner's incarnation of the character...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1lyok3/i_am_writerdirectorproducer_max_landis/

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/chronicle-writer-pitch-wonder-woman-suggests-green-lantern-113900628.html

Foolkiller: I have the 9.4(The old good looking old one, not the new pressed one) and have turned down some offers that is way higher then any(even the wildest) speculations on these 113 pages on the boards have been close to.

Take your time on this book.

It's mess hot.

This is only a little side-hobby for me but if you want an opinion on the price and/or venue you can msg me.

f

Foolkiller: I have the 9.4(The old good looking old one, not the new pressed one) and have turned down some offers that is way higher then any(even the wildest) speculations on these 113 pages on the boards have been close to.

It's mess hot.

This is only a little side-hobby for me but if you want an opinion on the price and/or venue you can msg me.

f

So Frank, you're not going to let go of that book for any price eh?

Seems like you've got a death grip on it. I can't blame you either. I agree these are red freaking hot and will continue to heat up.

That said, I'm curious about the 'wildest' offers you've gotten and turned down. There's obviously no harm in disclosing it because you haven't sold. Let's say someone hypothetically offered you $250K for that book or $500K...you're not budging at those prices?

I'm also curious what Foolkiller is thinking the CMV of his new hotness is worth and what the estimated future value might be circa MOS 2 and subsequently the JLA movie itself.

It's mess hot.

f

Brian, I thought the same thing when I saw you post the 9.2 . Hang on to it.

I don't think this is a strike while the iron is hot situation. Good advice here from Frank.

I think it would be unfair to bidders to post figures but your numbers are at least not far of the range.

The feedback I can give is that it is soooo hard in grade. Not sure how or why, but the little time I spend in here I sense that people seem to forget that highest grade really change the game on key books.

I spent countless hours to get hold of the single highest AF15 9.6 back in the day(is it 3 or 4 now?). The price range from various posts on the boards was close to half of what I considered correct. End of story I wake up to "breaking news" that CC sold it for 1.1kk(I was not even offered the book!). A bit higher than my price, but MUCH higher than what I was reading in here. Now I might be happy that I did not get it; but I still sense that the original old label 9.6 is the best.

Countless times on other important DC silver I hear that "ohh...I had a raw that was just as nice....bla bla...". But with this BB28 you don't really get any of that. So that is why I replied to Foolkiller even if he probably know already.

"Any price" is to stretch it, but it's not really for sale at anything close to current "market value". With the stock market at all-time-high weekly there might come someone along with a mad offer; but if I am earning on rising shares it might even out?

The irony of it all is that I love later sliver more than this book(most of it low value). Also I think that the JLA #1 cover is way cooler the BB28 :)

It's already sold. I got a number that I am very, very happy with.

Here's the deal guys, although I could hang onto it and I'm sure it "might" appreciate, I'm just as happy with a 7.0 or whatever of this book.

I never feel the need to max all the way out on the book. Might it be a six figure book? Sure it might be. Was I very happy with how close I got to that. Sure am.

It's mess hot.

f

Hadn`t checked out this thread in ages because I assumed it was just the same old same old.

Hello Frank! WTTB! :hi:

Edited by tth2

So the reason I ventured into this thread for the first time in a while was to see what people were saying about the fact that there is now a 2nd 9.4 copy of B&B 28 in the Census.

I`m surprised to see that the answer is there is no discussion about this development at all! :ohnoez:

So the reason I ventured into this thread for the first time in a while was to see what people were saying about the fact that there is now a 2nd 9.4 copy of B&B 28 in the Census.

I`m surprised to see that the answer is there is no discussion about this development at all! :ohnoez:

Hey Tim :hi:

It's been a long time since I last posted.

I wonder if the new 9.4 is the old Toth copy...I remember it being a VERY nice copy with great colors...

I wonder if the new 9.4 is the old Toth copy...I remember it being a VERY nice copy with great colors...

I forgot to add that the Toth copy was a 9.2 when it sold many years ago...

Hi Johnnie, welcome back to the boards!

I forgot to add that the Toth copy was a 9.2 when it sold many years ago...

I believe you are correct

Hi Johnnie, welcome back to the boards!

By the way, are you collecting anything these days after selling off your Flash and JLA collections

Two 9.4s?? Oh boy, here we go.. Wonder if, in the end, the DC census will actually catch the Marvel census after all? Not so long ago we all truly believed that GL 76 was somehow scarcer than it turned out to be too!

I hope there are more high grade copies out there! Been wanting to upgrade my copy.

My biggest regret is not picking up the 9.0 copy in the Heritage auction back in 2007 or so...I believe it sold for just north of $10k...also the 9.2 Toth copy a couple years later for $35k...now probably can't buy a 8.5 copy for $35k :tonofbricks: