• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply.com - Ordering & Communication issues....

368 posts in this topic

Russ and his abomination of a company will continue to keep screwing people out of their hard earned money here over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because these types of posts fail to EVER get pinned.

It's sad and is a weak point that we can't make a top 10 vendors to NOT USE thread a get

pinned so the fine people here can at least have a chance against this scum.

Frankly, if we pinned theif threads I think I'd have to go to page 3 to start reading new threads. That being said, we have a thread for on board transactions probation, why not for external sites? I agree! :thumbsup: Time to lobby Arch...some of the pinned threads we have now should get unpinned.

Start a new thread and let's vote, then contact Arch to make the change.

Russ and his abomination of a company will continue to keep screwing people out of their hard earned money here over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because these types of posts fail to EVER get pinned.

It's sad and is a weak point that we can't make a top 10 vendors to NOT USE thread a get

Frankly, if we pinned theif threads I think I'd have to go to page 3 to start reading new threads. That being said, we have a thread for on board transactions probation, why not for external sites? I agree! :thumbsup: Time to lobby Arch...some of the pinned threads we have now should get unpinned.

If that's the case I would like to nominate the "Visual guide to Mylar sizes" thread as well.This is a thread that should have been stickied years ago,so if we are voting on new pinned threads,my hat goes in the ring for this one too.

There are plenty of threads that need to be pinned but space is at a premium.

My idea from a few years ago was to have a vote on which threads should be pinned and then just pin one post (or one thread) at the top of the forum with a link to all the threads that should be pinned in the first post. That way it doesn't take up a lot of additional space and everyone has much of the pertinent information available in one click.

Makes sense to me.

(shrug)

HOTFLIPS =

1. They have the product at a great price = Yes

2. They ship orders out in a timely manner = Yes

3. They actually answer the phone = Yes

4. They want your business = Yes

5. They show up at the cons = Yes

COMICSUPPLY =

1. None of the above.

You know what's the difference between a giant bucket of whale dung and Russ???....

A friggin' Bucket!

Russ and his abomination of a company will continue to keep screwing people out of their

hard earned money here over and over and over and over and over and over and over and

over and over and over and over and over and over because these types of posts fail to EVER

get pinned.

:tonofbricks:

I think you guys need to be specific.

He keeps running online sales, I know because I keep getting emails...and I can't seem to block him.

The good thing is, his nonsense made me talk Hot flips into joining the boards;) and they are the nicest most honest people, so they made up for him.

Most definitely!
I think you guys need to be specific.
Doesn't eBay need to suck your toes a bit more? :baiting:
I'm a multi-tasker :D

I wish I had found this thread/board sooner. So much valuable info to be had.

I placed an order with ComicSupply.com a year and a bit ago. These bums charged my VISA (when they were not supposed to yet) and never even shipped the items and also never responded to any of my emails.

I had one good experience with Comics Supply where I bought Mylites and boards and got a good price - they actually sent me more boards than I ordered and called them to tell them so and they told me not to worry about it and I can keep it at no charge. I thought that was great.

Since I had a good first experience I decided I would use their subscription service for some comics. Seemed pretty easy to order and their prices were really good. That's when it all went to pot. I had ordered some other supplies, as well, and it was a few weeks and I tried calling them about it. Ultimately they had stuff on back order (nothing tells you that on their web site) but they promised to have it shipped by a certain date. That day came and went and it became more and more difficult to get a hold of anyone there.

My comic subscription never showed up either and that was the last straw. I called them and I told them to send me what they had from my order (since my order was delayed because they didn't have enough books to cover mine and it just sat) and cancel anything going forward. I got my order and half the books were wrong and I canceled everything else.

I attribute this experience to me not following modern comics anymore since the delays just ruined the continuity that I had established.

I tried to give hotflips a big order a month or so ago and they wouldn't respond to my PM. That still is better than comicsupply who would take my money and then not respond.

I had one good experience with Comics Supply where I bought Mylites and boards and got a good price - they actually sent me more boards than I ordered and called them to tell them so and they told me not to worry about it and I can keep it at no charge. I thought that was great.

Since I had a good first experience I decided I would use their subscription service for some comics. Seemed pretty easy to order and their prices were really good. That's when it all went to pot. I had ordered some other supplies, as well, and it was a few weeks and I tried calling them about it. Ultimately they had stuff on back order (nothing tells you that on their web site) but they promised to have it shipped by a certain date. That day came and went and it became more and more difficult to get a hold of anyone there.

My comic subscription never showed up either and that was the last straw. I called them and I told them to send me what they had from my order (since my order was delayed because they didn't have enough books to cover mine and it just sat) and cancel anything going forward. I got my order and half the books were wrong and I canceled everything else.

I attribute this experience to me not following modern comics anymore since the delays just ruined the continuity that I had established.

Last time Russ was having a meltdown on here about "making things right I know it's been three years since your order but I swear as soon as I get my sh*t together I will someday ship your order and make things right" He was sending me PM messages and offering me comics by the long box. I guess he must have thought I did not read the threads or something?? He was saying he had tons of long boxes of good books and if I gave him my interests he would make me up a few lots of books at a low low price.

I am sure they were imaginary comic books and if I had sent him money my name would be added to his list of folks he had to "make right someday"

I thought you could end up on the PL for a problem with a board member on an external site? But maybe I've misunderstood the process. hm

UPDATE:

Called my CC this morning and initiated a Transaction Reversal, it will take some time.

Also....

Russ finally contacted me. Said the power's been out for a week, family stuff was happening, boards were on back-order, and just now was able to open up the shop to catch up on orders (after being up all-night doing the same.

He assures me that this is not "business as usual" and will - in the future - endeavor to get my orders out in a timely manner.

Anyway, he says the 2 cases of boards will ship in the morning. I said that, if that is true, I am game. If I don't get a tracking number by tomorrow, I'll have my answer and cancel the order.

I suspect repeated calls by the CC on my behalf might have had a greater effect than the restoration of power.

I know many of you are shaking your head right now, but considering I've received one order successfully - and have waited this long for the other - I can wait and see if this pans out. Besides, I had a 20% off coupon....

UPDATE:

Called my CC this morning and initiated a Transaction Reversal, it will take some time.

Also....

Russ finally contacted me. Said the power's been out for a week, family stuff was happening, boards were on back-order, and just now was able to open up the shop to catch up on orders (after being up all-night doing the same.

He assures me that this is not "business as usual" and will - in the future - endeavor to get my orders out in a timely manner.

Anyway, he says the 2 cases of boards will ship in the morning. I said that, if that is true, I am game. If I don't get a tracking number by tomorrow, I'll have my answer and cancel the order.

I suspect repeated calls by the CC on my behalf might have had a greater effect than the restoration of power.

I know many of you are shaking your head right now, but considering I've received one order successfully - and have waited this long for the other - I can wait and see if this pans out. Besides, I had a 20% off coupon....

That's his modus operandi,surely he will have your order out right away. doh!

UPDATE:

Also....

Don't come back here crying when you don't get your mess.