• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Con-Any Reports Yet?

150 posts in this topic

Guess I'll chime in as well. Overall I thought it was a pretty good con. Much of it was a socializing event as well but I did manage to pick up some nize Bronze and Moderns to complete runs when I did some buying on Thursday. Although the chances of ever picking up any true 9.4 Bronze books again at a Con are very slim I was able to find some beauties: a Werewolf #15 in 9.4/9.6 a true gem (Dracula crossover issue), a Werewolf #9, 11, another 15 in 9.2 and a Tomb Of Dracula #10 in VF+ for 85.00 and a Werewolf #32 in VF/NM for 90.00. I loaded up on Ghost Riders from the 50% off boxes and was able to find over 60 misc issues in VF/NM or better. Highlights included #6, 10, 11, 15, 16 & 18 which are all NM- or better. I also picked up a Werewolf #33 CGC 9.2 from Bob Storm for 80.00. Yeah, 30.00 over guide but I really wanted that book. Bob's a superb grader too, one of the strictest of everyone there. He had some very nice books that I wanted (ASM #50 in VF-) but I maintained my composure. Found some nice EC;'s at Graham Crackers that I wanted but couldn't bargain them down to a acceptable price for me. On Friday night after the Con I had, shall we say a few drinks and gained the resolve to purchase a Marvel Mystery #22 in 9.4 the next day for 12,800. Of course the next morning I was unable to gain the courage to pull the trigger and max out 5 credit cards. All in all I finished up full runs of Ghost Rider & Werewolf By Night in VF/NM or better so I can now move on to upgrading my Tomb Of Draculas. Won't be mentioning any names but I was really surprised by some of the big names who overgrade all of their books up to a full point and then ask more than guide. Lame. Got to meet some of the cast from Alias which is by far the best show on TV which was cool. No, no Jennifer Garner though. I spoke with Timothy from Koops comics and he's a very cool guy. He had some very nice Werewolfs and GR's that I purchased and I talked to him for a while. Ate about 15 gyros from the Athens market stand over the weekend. Unwilling to eat the reagular con food I had to keep eating Gyros. They used to be in the back center last year but the Convention people moved them to the back far right because they hurt their business for overpriced AMPM dogs and burgers so much last year. There's my 2 cents. M

Kramerica, let's see a scan of that Marvel Mystery...

"Friday night after the Con I had, shall we say a few drinks and gained the resolve to purchase a Marvel Mystery #22 in 9.4 the next day for 12,800. Of course the next morning I was unable to gain the courage to pull the trigger and max out 5 credit cards."

"Friday night after the Con I had, shall we say a few drinks and gained the resolve to purchase a Marvel Mystery #22 in 9.4 the next day for 12,800. Of course the next morning I was unable to gain the courage to pull the trigger and max out 5 credit cards."

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Troll!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Troll!

makepoint.gif

Did greggy ever post his report?
Nope...just picked up my other books at fedex and am in the process of scanning them. Will have one done in the next few days. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope...just picked up my other books at fedex and am in the process of scanning them. Will have one done in the next few days. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif
My predictable troll is back. Thanks again Rick! grin.gif

sleeping.gif
My predictable troll is back. Thanks again Rick! grin.gif
acclaim.gif Just doing my part.