• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Collectors

34 posts in this topic

Some of the keys are going for a lot but raw Bronze books are still a steal pretty much.

At the conventions I can get some good bronze VF for a few dollars still

Such as the horror or western books.

I spent $60 at the last NY show for a few Bronze #1

Trigger twins # 1 $15 NM

Reno Jones & Kid Cassidy # 1 VF $5

King Conan # 1 VF $5

Logans Run # 6 NM thanos story) $4

Marvel Double Feature #1 (VF) $8

Just to list a few

Good prices on good books.

I actually like the Bronze Age better than the Silver in many respects, as I feel the artwork was at its zenith during this time.

You're preaching to the choir, and I was only disagreeing that the Bronze Age is somehow an undiscovered country with underpriced gems just waiting for stratospheric price spikes. foreheadslap.gif

Not all books will jump like that but i figure by the time these books are 40 years old they will all see increases and the next age will be taking off in values .

Be careful when extrapolating past performance, especially when the conditions (low entry price, hordes of fanatical young readers joining, higher attrition rate) for these rampant price increases have not existed for decades.

Just a thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Holy kid gloves, Batman!

I almost laughed my lunch out my nose! Well done/said, JC.

Some of the keys are going for a lot but raw Bronze books are still a steal pretty much.

I don't know how long you have been tracking the market, but Broze Age books, especially Marvel's, have been on fire for the last 3 or 4 years and all the 'steals' have long since disappeared. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think the desirability of high grade bronze age books is demonstrated by the sales on the new website www.pedigreecomics.com. Not just superhero runs extending from the silver age.

For example, 11 Dracula books from the early 70s were listed last week at eye-watering prices. 10 were snapped up very quickly. 2 Dracula and 2 Werewolf books were listed yesterday - there are serious bids on all 4 already.

I think the desirability of high grade bronze age books is demonstrated by the sales on the new website www.pedigreecomics.com. Not just superhero runs extending from the silver age.

For example, 11 Dracula books from the early 70s were listed last week at eye-watering prices. 10 were snapped up very quickly. 2 Dracula and 2 Werewolf books were listed yesterday - there are serious bids on all 4 already.

I think you should say,

'the desirability of high grade bronze age MARVEL books'

DC is still trailing terribly, Marvel semi-keys are almost doing better than DC key books from the BA

Fair point, ultimatevenom.

I have a strong preference for silver and bronze age Superhero Marvel. Although I also own some DC books from the 40s and 50s, I am guilty as many others are of overlooking the bronze age DC books. Come to think of it, I cannot name the top bronze age DC keys.

Alan

PS : People are certainly sinking their teeth into the Dracula books e.g. Tomb of Dracula 12, 17 and 18 sold for $1000, $650 and $650 respectively. All CGC 9.8s sure, but are these typical prices?

I have a strong preference for silver and bronze age Superhero Marvel.

A lot of big money has already shifted from BA superhero to horror books. Where will it go after that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A lot of big money has already shifted from BA superhero to horror books. Where will it go after that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the specs are trying to stay clear of the "Census Train" and moving farther away from common books, then:

1970's Marvel War

1970's Esoteric DC (Brother Power, etc.)

Early 1970's Reprint Books

Only asking because I see a lot of activity on the Golden, Silver & modern age boards but when i click on the Bronze age there usually arent any new threads.

I figured I would ask and make a new thread.

That's because most of the people on here don't bother to post correctly. They only post in the Comic General forum, because "more people will see it" They don't bother to catagorize their posts.

Yeah! Danged hippies!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey who let Pov in, I thought we kept hitting him over the head with the CCA in the shape of a shield until he went backs to whence he came?? Argh more competition, somebody sell this guy some pre-code so he'll not throw unwanted competition dollars our way. stooges.gif