• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay bidder with a trigger finger

15 posts in this topic

on one of Adam's auctions

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=321026848377&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:BIDN&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2765

You'd think a guy with 616 ebay feedback would know better. WTF !?

57 of the 70 bids are his :screwy:

That is odd. After nudging his bids up when they were pretty clearly way below what the book will eventually sell for, he threw in the towel -- at least for now.

He was either bored or trying to fool other bidders into thinking he bid higher. Not a tactic that's ever destined to work....
Sometimes I put in two bids one on top of another hoping people will think I changed my mind and put a huge max bid, hoping they don't even try :shy:

He was either bored or trying to fool other bidders into thinking he bid higher. Not a tactic that's ever destined to work....
Sometimes I put in two bids one on top of another hoping people will think I changed my mind and put a huge max bid, hoping they don't even try :shy:

Yep, I've done that, but it never worked. :cry:

Yep, I've done that, but it never worked. :cry:

Yeah I tried it on a lot of three issues of Raw Magazine. I was short on funds and only had $50 to spare. Odds were slim I'd get them at that price no matter what tricks I tried. I was the second highest bidder :sorry:

on one of Adam's auctions

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=321026848377&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:BIDN&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2765

You'd think a guy with 616 ebay feedback would know better. WTF !?

57 of the 70 bids are his :screwy:

Look at the time stamps, it looks like he was raising his bid in too small increments to just overcome the high bidder. You would think he would understand the dollar value of the book and bid in higher increments.