• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

I really think 9.8's will catch up with ASM #300 in 9.8 and sell for a grand or more.

Ditto that!

with nearly 1,000 more 9.8's on the census. why?

The insane speculation bubble we're in now.

This book is in a perpetual bubble that just keeps defying all logic. Everyone keeps saying its only a matter of time before it bursts, but it just keeps going. This has been happening for years. It could get worse/better, (depending on who has them and who doesn't) if the movie is actually good.

*Thinking...

Have there been movie titles that effected the comic in a negative standpoint?

I hope it's a good movie. Not just because of the comic values, but in all honestly I really think this movie can be done bad *spoon* if the right people get involved.

:wishluck:

Marvel spotlight 5 took a hit. 9.6 copies were at 4500.00 at one point in time while the movie madness was around.

If it reaches 1k I'm very tempted to unload mine and use it to fund a silver age key.

This +1

Wouldn't even think twice about it.

Nope, not me. I have both the regular and UPC version (both in 9.8) and it never even crossed my mind to sell them even if it hits $1K.

NM 98 is one of my favorite book. Just can't imagine my collection without it.

***Note to self...need to post a picture of them together.

If it reaches 1k I'm very tempted to unload mine and use it to fund a silver age key.

This +1

Nope, not me. I have both the regular and UPC version (both in 9.8) and it never even crossed my mind to sell them even if it hits $1K.

:applause:

My kind of man!

I'm just bummed as I wanted to get a UPC version before this happened. :tonofbricks:

Maybe I can work out a trade with some $ for my direct market copy. hm

What did that 10.0 copy end up fetching? Did it go over $10,000?

It went for more than $15k.

-J.

Looks like that CGC 10 copy sold for a bargain with the way prices have been for this book :insane:

And another sign of impending armageddon... Boston Corbett may actually make money on his 9.9! :ohnoez:

-J.

Looks like that CGC 10 copy sold for a bargain with the way prices have been for this book :insane:

And another sign of impending armageddon... Boston Corbett may actually make money on his 9.9! :ohnoez:

Would that be the greatest "I told you so" ever on these boards?

-J.

Would the be the greatest "I told you so" ever on these boards?

Yes.

Yes it would.

-J.

The economic Nostradamus.

This +1

:applause:

My kind of man!

I'm just bummed as I wanted to get a UPC version before this happened. :tonofbricks:

Maybe I can work out a trade with some $ for my direct market copy. hm

Why would you ever see fit to do that ? (shrug)

-J.

This +1

***Follow up...

Sorry about the crappy picture. I'm too lazy to buy a good camera lol.

So here are some of my favorite "1st" issues. Still need to get the Iron Fist #14 35 cent version and the Spider-man 300 UPC verson.

612d63c3-d478-4346-839e-5227829af098_zps3aab95fb.jpg

This +1

***Follow up...

Sorry about the crappy picture. I'm too lazy to buy a good camera lol.

So here are some of my favorite "1st" issues. Still need to get the Iron Fist #14 35 cent version and the Spider-man 300 UPC verson.

612d63c3-d478-4346-839e-5227829af098_zps3aab95fb.jpg

I do indeed like your style there my friend:)

Edited by CxG Voodoo Doll

Here is my what's left stash. Majority of the X-force 2's should grade 9.8. Wish I didn't sell my other three NM 98 9.8s earlier this year. :(

photo36_zpsc2282136.jpg

Those are a lot of xforce 2's. lol

No UPC X-forces 2 :( I frowned on them back then. lol

I think I have some UPC X-forces 2 in my collection somewhere. I use to buy my books at the grocery story so it was rare for me to the the spidey-head logo or whatever back then. It made those types of copies a little more special to me.

Here is my what's left stash. Majority of the X-force 2's should grade 9.8. Wish I didn't sell my other three NM 98 9.8s earlier this year. :(

photo36_zpsc2282136.jpg

Those are a lot of xforce 2's. lol

No UPC X-forces 2 :( I frowned on them back then. lol

I think I have some UPC X-forces 2 in my collection somewhere. I use to buy my books at the grocery story so it was rare for me to the the spidey-head logo or whatever back then. It made those types of copies a little more special to me.

At least you were able to locate books. ;) I'm sure a lot of the books had spine damages due to it being placed on the spinner racks and mishandled by people reading them. Since they were returnable, the newsstand market sellers didn't care. It was definitely a good source to buy the hot issues a few weeks later which sold out at the direct market. I remember heading to five different 7 Eleven buying up the Amazing Spiderman 361's for $1.25, and while the seconding market was commanding $7-$10. Time has changed...some folks detest those UPC's codes back then and now completeness wants both.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

-J.

Yes.

Yes it would.

I think it would be 1b.

I think Ablue's "Cleaned and Pressed is the way to go" still ranks as 1a.

Very close though (if the Corbett thing happens).