• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

I know Rob Liefeld gets hammered around here, but the cover of NM #98 is my absolute favorite of the 90's, because it's "so 90's" in it's style and composition. It's the perfect snapshot of everything wrong (and right) with comic art from that era.

Yep, celebrate (or not) the 90's! lol:insane:

Deadpool Hits $47.5 Million Opening Day Box Office, Projected For $130 Million Plus Holiday Weekend

Deadpool brought in a $12.7 million during a Thursday night preview showing, setting a new record for both a R-Rated film and a February release. On Friday, Deadpool added to those numbers, bringing its opening day box office to a staggering $47.5 million.

Friday's haul set a new opening day box office record for an R-rated film and for February, and the odds are good that it will break the same records for opening weekend. To do that, it beat the $30 million Fridays for both Fifty Shades of Grey and American Sniper, obviously by a substantial margin.

With the better than predicted opening day, opening weekend projections for Deadpool are being revised way up. Early industry projections had Deadpool pegged at a $65 million to $70 million opening weekend. The idea of a R-Rated film breaking $100 million on opening weekend was inconceivable to many box office analysts.

Now, projections have Deadpool possibly exceeding $115 million during the 3-day weekend and hitting around $130 million over the 4-day holiday weekend.

:whee:

I wonder what this will go for.

First Deadpool Preliminary Cover Art Up For Auction

s-l1600-169595.jpg

It's a prelim sketch of the cover of New Mutants #98, Deadpool's first appearance. It's signed at the bottom of the page by Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld and dated from 1991.

It's currently listed for over $18,000 with no bids, but several people watching. Liefeld even tweeted out that he wanted to buy it back early Friday morning.

New Mutants 98 1st Deadpool Original Preliminary Cover Art OOAK Rob Liefeld ($18.3K BUY NOW)

It caught Rob Liefeld's attention.

Xl5Ig8N.png

What's Rob Liefeld doing now that he can't even afford to fork over a measly $18 grand for his own original artwork? ???

Well, for one, buying back what you sold for less, is generally against all capitalist principles . . . :grin:

I am sure this book went to a good home.

p12_zpswhwdqy0m.jpg

The rest sold, but I did keep one of these just because. I thought 2 had a shot at CGC 9.9 and I went 1 for 2. I kept the copy that is a strong 9.8. So I am still in the NM 98 club. (thumbs u

p15_zps6mvpba84.jpg

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I know I can find the answer with a little digging, but I'm admittedly being lazy.

Which issue is THE issue to own after NM98? I know there is one writer I've seen mentioned that is credited with really giving life to the Deadpool that everyone knows today.

Is it Nicieza and the Circle Chase?

I know I can find the answer with a little digging, but I'm admittedly being lazy.

Which issue is THE issue to own after NM98? I know there is one writer I've seen mentioned that is credited with really giving life to the Deadpool that everyone knows today.

Is it Nicieza and the Circle Chase?

Joe Kelly and it's the 1997 series

I am sure this book went to a good home.

p12_zpswhwdqy0m.jpg

The rest sold, but I did keep one of these just because. I thought 2 had a shot at CGC 9.9 and I went 1 for 2. I kept the copy that is a strong 9.8. So I am still in the NM 98 club. (thumbs u

p15_zps6mvpba84.jpg

:applause:

Little Deadpool just surpassed Captain America: The Winter Soldier (an incredible movie) with Friday's numbers coming in.

qaM4Tt6.png

So this doesn't even account for the overall weekend yet.

(worship)

Can you just imagine if Deadpool was allowed in China?