• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need to catch up for ASM #700, should I begin with #500 or #600?

20 posts in this topic

All things considered, I think I've done a pretty good job with putting together a collection from scratch since mid-2010 ( after a 30 year hiatus from when I sold off my original collection in 1980 when I was 18 ). With much of my focus being upon building a nice ASM collection, which has always been my fav comic & character since I was 7 or 8 years old.

Anyhow, while I've been a busy boy with my collecting, I haven't been so great with my reading. In fact, I'm rather chagrined at having to admit that I haven't actually read so much as a single issue of ASM since I began collecting again two & a half years ago. Though I've got about a hundred issues of ASM vol. 1 & a full run of vol.2 aside from issues #18 - #28.

Anyhow, with the big event of #700 approaching fast, I need your suggestions on where to begin with my reading in order to get caught up to speed ASP. Should I begin all the way back at #500 or would it be OK to just start with Dan Slott's first issue #600?

Thanks much & I eagerly await your replies.

Peace,

Jim

I'd read #700 in about 6 months when you can pick it up in the quarter bin.

Then pay a hooker to kick me in the jimmy with all the money and wasted time I saved.

I'd read 1 through 122 and then pretend the title stopped publication after that.

Best advice in the history of the internets.

NOPE. NEEDS TO BE IN ALL CAPS TO BE THE BEST ADVICE. THAT WAY IT'S EMPHASIZED.

I'D READ 1 THROUGH 122 AND THEN PRETEND THE TITLE STOPPED PUBLICATION AFTER THAT.

I just rea #698 and it was great, I don't know how they are going to play this off but it should be interesteing.

As for your question having read them all I would say #500, but if you start around #650 as Hado said you will be fine.

Dan Slott's run has been fun. If you are looking for a fun read then I might start at 600. It hasn't been exceptional though, and for the most part he has really failed to execute at key moments. Every major event (Ends of the Earth and Spider Island) just feels off for some reason. Bachelo's are is also heinous.

I'd read 1 through 122 and then pretend the title stopped publication after that.

I'd go a bit later. I'd say up to 251 would be a good spot with some nonsense from 180ish to 210ish. Gerry Conway's original Clone Saga was pretty good. He also did a nice job with Harry as the Goblin. Sterns Hobgoblin run was also really solid.