• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel Rising

1,571 posts in this topic

lol, should have known what i would read when i see this many new posts in a dead thread. Someone is going to be pretty upset, as I remember a bunch of these struggling to be sold on the BST a couple months ago.

Always nice for fans of a comic when their ticket gets called. As with all show rumors, getting it made is a long process and never guaranteed. With the mania that is 2013, i have no doubt people will be paying prices for this as if the show was made, and not just optioned.

I used to work for Lloyd Levin, the producer. Guy loves his comics, that's for sure. I worked for him and Larry Gordon during their first run at WATCHMEN. Shopped every week at Golden Apple. He's the one who brought Dark Horse to Hollywood. Also options everything in sight. Track record is spotty, but he does have the pedigree, for what that's worth.

I've been quietly hoarding these...also found an lcs that still had some in stock! Varying degrees for condition..from VF to NM

P1050549_zps8478fe9c.jpg

Nothing quiet about that pic.......

Well I thought I was able to get the following from Comics America but was informed that the prices were not up to date.

Rachel Rising #10 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #3 2 $3.99 USD $7.98 USD

Rachel Rising #4 2 $3.99 USD $7.98 USD

Rachel Rising #5 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #6 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #7 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #8 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #9 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

I had placed the order and then they sent a message saying the prices were updated this morning and that I must have used an old cart. That couldn't be since I was checking out and then saw that shipping was going to be $12 so redid the search for Rachel Rising and added #5-10 to the order and then finished checking out. Looks like the old bait and switch trying to get more money when the order was legit and they know it.

Well I thought I was able to get the following from Comics America but was informed that the prices were not up to date.

Rachel Rising #10 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #3 2 $3.99 USD $7.98 USD

Rachel Rising #4 2 $3.99 USD $7.98 USD

Rachel Rising #5 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #6 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #7 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #8 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

Rachel Rising #9 1 $3.99 USD $3.99 USD

I had placed the order and then they sent a message saying the prices were updated this morning and that I must have used an old cart. That couldn't be since I was checking out and then saw that shipping was going to be $12 so redid the search for Rachel Rising and added #5-10 to the order and then finished checking out. Looks like the old bait and switch trying to get more money when the order was legit and they know it.

Have we heard this story before??

Where's Joe to explain this one?

The same thing has happened before (see Saga thread from Nov/Dec).

Once again JOE at Comics America, you are an exceptional businessman. Hats off and three cheers.

Someone PM Joe so he can explain the "server issue" again.

Ridiculous.

IIRC, you took the high road at the time, Ryan, and kept silent while he dug himself into a deeper hole by talking garbage.

I'm glad his name came up again so I can remember to place him on my Avoid list