• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRICES PAID FOR RAW VS. CGC?

44 posts in this topic

I paid GPA prices for a couple of raw books once, and got taken to the cleaners when I went to resell them. GPA is for graded books, and I'd never pay GPA price for a raw book ever again. It's a comic book, not original art - whatever I am looking at can be easily found again, elsewhere.

I paid GPA prices for a couple of raw books once, and got taken to the cleaners when I went to resell them. GPA is for graded books, and I'd never pay GPA price for a raw book ever again. It's a comic book, not original art - whatever I am looking at can be easily found again, elsewhere.

+1

It doesn't matter how reliable or trustworthy the seller is, you're a sucker if you pay full GPA for a raw book unless the book is absolutely impossible to find otherwise or the GPA data is inconclusive (eg. one GPA sale from 2004 for $200 even though raw NM copies of the same book are currently selling for $500).

Think about it for a moment - if you're paying GPA for a raw book, you're actually paying GPA plus any future slabbing cost.

+1

It doesn't matter how reliable or trustworthy the seller is, you're a sucker if you pay full GPA for a raw book unless the book is absolutely impossible to find otherwise or the GPA data is inconclusive (eg. one GPA sale from 2004 for $200 even though raw NM copies of the same book are currently selling for $500).

Think about it for a moment - if you're paying GPA for a raw book, you're actually paying GPA plus any future slabbing cost.

I also agree with this. I would pay GPA or sometimes above GPA on a book for the reasons mentioned above, especially if it is something that does not come around often.

Example... I don't care what anyone wants to tell me about how great Wolverine is, I too think he is a fantastic character. There are a LOT of high grade copies out there of Hulk 181. I won't pay full guide on that. However, on certain Golden Age books that I have really wanted, I have gone over guide due to the scarcity. Some of them rarely come to auction or are available for purchase. When it comes, be ready to go all out if you really want the book.

There are very few people I would buy a raw book for GPA or higher.F_T,GAtor,Bob Storms,Dale.Probably it for me.So yes I would,but it has to be the right book from the right guy. (thumbs u

I would agree with this. However paying GPA may or may not be such a big deal as sometimes GPA is less than Overstreet.

There are very few people I would buy a raw book for GPA or higher.F_T,GAtor,Bob Storms,Dale.Probably it for me.So yes I would,but it has to be the right book from the right guy. (thumbs u

I would agree with this. However paying GPA may or may not be such a big deal as sometimes GPA is less than Overstreet.

who uses OSPG for pricing anymore?

:hi:

Every dealer at a con will break out OSPG when selling raw books.

Go into any comic store selling raw SA or GA and they are referencing OSPG

I use OSPG and GPA when determining a raw comic price.