• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - April 6-7, 2013 -- LAUREN COHAN from WALKING DEAD!

226 posts in this topic

• Administrator

In case anyone is interested in attending, I will be brewing a beer at this event in Tampa on Saturday.

April 6, 2013 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Where: Women's Brew Day

4500 North Nebraska Avenue

Tampa,FL 33603

USA

A chance for women to flex their brewing muscles. For novices and experts alike.

Local celebrity women brewers will be in attendance.

Raffle! Proceeds will go towards all women brewers to enter the Queen of Beers national women brewer only homebrew competition.

We will have a food truck, and sell t-shirts and have a membership drive!

Please join us for this fun event!

http://www.specialhoperations.org/ai1ec_event/womens-brew-day/?instance_id=1964

Just got back from the show....it was an absolute madhouse! The place was jammed like you wouldn't believe! If the fire marshall would've been there, he might've shut the place down. This show has to move to a bigger venue, as its clearly outgrown the Doubletree....It was still wall-to-wall people at 3pm. Will post some pictures of my scores later tonight. No major purchases, as there was definitely a dearth of "big books" in the room, but lots of odds and ends and great dollar bin finds. Looking to go back tomorrow with the family, though I cant imagine staying there too long if the crowd today is any indication of how the place is going to look WITH Maggie from the Walking Dead there.

First off, the limited Edition Joe Jusko Print is fabulous! Well worth the $30. Luckily, I was one of the first to reserve mine, so I received # 4/100.

mu3BaP7.jpg

Both with dust jackets intact. Courtesy of Earl Shaw. $15 for the pair.

oChhrhr.jpg

Can you believe the stuff you can still find in dollar boxes? Caliber Presents # 1-4, Tales of Teen Titans # 44, a run of Watchmen, Deadpool miniseries, Dave Stevens covers, etc.

1krA6lH.jpg

And the better books from today's haul. Most everything is high grade (VFish or better), including the Beware # 9 which would be a borderline 8.5/9.0 with a press. The FF # 52 is a sweet 7.0/7.5 that I nabbed for $125. Considering the last certified 6.5 sold for $395, I should do well with that one.

IK8WITN.jpg