• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink November Auction

247 posts in this topic

I've found November auctions to be seasonally slow and have for the past few years for whatever reason. I believe I've said the same thing for the past few Novembers.

lol

It is not a good time to be holding mass quantities of slabs. Only the keys seem to

be holding up. It is definitely a time to downsize. I predict DC's will hold up better than Marvel !

at least you practice what you preach. i've lowered what i'm willing to pay for slabs and the past two months i've won >50% of the books i bid on. typically, my win rate is 10-15%. i never even bothered to bid on 9.8's in the past due to the insanity that typically surrounded them, recently i won both 9.8's i bid on for well below my lowball bid.

I've found November auctions to be seasonally slow and have for the past few years for whatever reason. I believe I've said the same thing for the past few Novembers.

lol

I've heard conflicting information about "peak" season...I'm pretty much convinced that April-May timeframe (before con season starts) is best overall for online auctions--most folks are not buying during holiday season for obvious financial and personal diversions.

lol

I've heard conflicting information about "peak" season...I'm pretty much convinced that April-May timeframe (before con season starts) is best overall for online auctions--most folks are not buying during holiday season for obvious financial and personal diversions.

+1

I have two books in this auction and it'll probably be the last time I sell through any of the auction houses.

One book ended tonight for less than it sold for back in 2002 (sold for 40% of last sale). The other ends tomorrow night and I don't expect much better.

Great time to be a buyer unless you're me and lose every book you bid on

:signrant:

A 9.4 Daredevil 1 sold for under 10K. $9750 to be exact. WTF? In June 2011 someone paid almost 25K for a 9.4. The 12 month GPA is 14K. The last recorded sale on Nov 15 was $11,950. Someone got a bargain. Or DD 1 is dropping like a rock. We'll see.